Author Topic: Roomba Roowifi Plugin  (Read 49610 times)

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
Roomba Roowifi Plugin
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:54:13 am »
Ok guys, here it is.

The first test/beta version of the Roomba Plugin.
I started with the code provided by chuck1026 (also thnx for the icons) from this thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13532.0.html

Plugin Features:

Clean and Dock button.
Roomba battery status.
Roomba availability (ping).

Requirements:

Roomba with a Roowifi module (http://www.roomba-wifi-remote.com/).
Roowifi configured to connect with your wireless network, not ad-hoc.
Important! the current version of the plugin isn't compatible with a Password protected Roowifi (yet). You have to clear the User and Password field in the Roowifi and save the config.

Also please install the Datamine Plugin before installing version 1.2 or higher. I use the json-dm library to decode the json response of RooWifi.

• Extract and Upload the icons to the vera in /www/cmh/skins/default/icons  (using WinSCP).
  • Extract Roombaplugin.zip and upload them to the vera (apps --> develop apps --> Luup files, check restart luup after upload)
  • Reload Vera
  • Create a new device (apps --> develop apps --> Create device), in the field "Upnp Device Filename" you enter D_Roomba1.xml, leave the rest empty and click Create Device
  • Save and Reload Vera
  • In the Advanced tab of the plugin you enter the ip address of the Roowifi in the Address field
  • Save and Reload Vera (sometimes multiple reloads necessary

After this it should work.

Remember, this is my first plugin and my first try at Lua so using/testing it comes with risks.

Thnx to TedStriker, I used the Ping Sensor as an example for creating the code.

Have fun.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:32:46 pm by nitehawk »

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
    • 0x8
Re: Roomba Roowifi Plugin
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:28:18 am »
does this work with a Braava too ?
i'm still struggeling on choose the right iRobot .. and the Integration to Vera is a large point on the decision.
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:14:06 am »

Hi,

I think not, the bravaa is not on the compatibility list for Roowifi. http://www.roomba-wifi-remote.com/compatible-roomba/

Also the scooba models are not working with roowifi.

I have tested the plugin with the Roomba 550 and Roomba 780

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
    • 0x8
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 05:41:34 am »
780 is good, i tend to get a 770 .. (i not really need the indoor gps thingy)
and your plugin will work then sure as well ;)
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 06:22:22 am »
Remember dat roowifi is a seperate product and not included when you buy a Roomba.

If roomba model is supported by roowifi then the plugin will work

Important! the current version of the plugin isn't compatible with a Password protected Roowifi. You have to clear the User and Password field in the Roowifi and save the config.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:26:19 am by nitehawk »

Offline ntk

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:56:14 am »
thanks for the plugin ;D

few suggestions

it will be great if you can add feedback, so when its clean it will show the "clean" button highlight and when roomba finish and go back to the dock it will highlight the dock button, so you can receive a message when its finish or also execute scene when finish, also be great to have option to see if there is an error with the roomba so you can receive massage when there is problem

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:10:39 am »

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have the highlighting of the buttons working. So when you press the buttons they stay higlighted and the status is updated in the advanced tab.
Status 0 = Dock
Status 1 = Clean

What I really want is reading the current status (clean/dock/charge) from RooWifi. I am looking into this but my Lua knowledge is limited so it may take some time before i get this to work.

I will post the updated files after some more testing.

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 11:41:55 am »

new version is up.

I have changed the icons, please delete the old ones before you upload the new ones.

Offline allmoney.ws

• Vera 3
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 02:39:21 pm »
Thanks a lot!!! If it's possible - add xx% battery charged info.

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 02:48:57 pm »
Battery status added. Version 1.2 is available in first post.

Please also install the Datamine Plugin before updating to this version.

I use the json-dm library to decode the json response of Roowifi.

It wil update the status every 30 seconds, in the next version you will be able to set the interval yourself.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:59:53 pm by nitehawk »

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »

Version 1.3 is available in first post.

cleaned up the code.

added - Customizable poll interval (value in seconds, default 120)
added - Roomba availability (ping, uses same interval as battery status)

please delete plugin (prior to 1.3) before uploading files, after this you can create the plugin again.

Offline Aegis

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:32 pm »
Doesn't work at all.  Plugin installs fine.  Added IP address & MAC.  multiple reloads, deletions & reinstalls.  Roowifi works fine via browser and app...

Offline AgileHumor

• KISS
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 08:14:54 pm »
Bummer, my RooWifi just shipped today from Spain :(
WMC Leviton:18xVPE06,8xVRS15,3xVRP03-W,2xVRR15,4xVRCS4,2xVRCS2,VP00R,8xVRS15 Aeon:5xDSC06106,4xDSC24,4xDSC25,12xDSB29,2xDSC11,4xDSB54,DSB05,3xDSA22,DSA38,2xDSA03202B,DSB09104,HEM Other:3xYale,12xHSM100v3,7xSP103,45604,WDHA-12,SSA2USR,EVLCD1T,6xWWA02A,7xIPC-HFW2100,URTSI,Hue,Russound,OpenSprinker

Offline Aegis

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:41 pm »
Bummer, my RooWifi just shipped today from Spain :(

Hopefully with some of the shipments coming in, we can get some interest and support.  Every Roomba thread has been dead for months.  I wonder if there were any changes to the product that might make the existing plugin require a little tweaking.  The one thing i did notice when operating the device from the app, the battery indicator did not work.  It does from the browser.

Offline nitehawk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 04:04:11 am »
The plugin still works for me.

What I don't understand that you say you entered Ip and MAC, I never ask for a mac address in the advanced settings of the plugin.

After creating the device, please reload (sometimes up to 3 reloads) until the advanced settings look like the attached screenshot.

The only thing you have to do is enter the IP of the roowifi and than save and reload.

Important! the current version of the plugin isn't compatible with a Password protected Roowifi (yet). You have to clear the User and Password field in the Roowifi and save the config.

The reason I haven't continued the development of the plugin is because the current version satisfies my needs :-) and after the 1.3 release i haven't got a single reply/question until yours today.

If there are more wishes for the plugin just post them and I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:09:59 am by nitehawk »