Author Topic: Roomba Roowifi Plugin  (Read 61587 times)

Offline clippermiami

Re: Roomba Roowifi Plugin
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 10:14:59 am »
My wife stumbled over one of those "cat-riding-the-Roomba" videos on YouTube. I made the mistake and mentioned Roomba and the Wi-Fi interface integrating Roomba to Vera.

Now looking for the best place to install a Roomba docking station :)
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline undertoe

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:41 am »
My wife stumbled over one of those "cat-riding-the-Roomba" videos on YouTube. I made the mistake and mentioned Roomba and the Wi-Fi interface integrating Roomba to Vera.

Now looking for the best place to install a Roomba docking station :)

Lol, yea i have found under a couch or under the bed works good. If you go with under the couch you might have to staple up the fabric that most manufactures put on the under side. Ours sagged and prevented the roomba from seeing the dock.
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline alextoh76

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 11:33:39 am »
Hi all, was wondering would we be able to say i have 1 living and 4 room. I m able get it clean the living then the rooms and at all time know which room the device is? Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline undertoe

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »
Hi all, was wondering would we be able to say i have 1 living and 4 room. I m able get it clean the living then the rooms and at all time know which room the device is? Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No that is not possible at this time.
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline undertoe

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »
Just submitted version 1.42 for approval in the Vera Marketplace, will keep everyone posted.

Offline undertoe

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 05:45:26 pm »
Now approved and an easy install form the app store
http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=6756

Offline undertoe

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 07:22:41 am »
1.43 Released Github
https://github.com/undert03/vera-roomba/archive/v1.4.3.zip

Your going to really like this release there are icons and states for all the different functions of the Roomba

Docking, Undocking, Charging, Trickle Charging, Charging Error, Paused, Cleaning

All with a smart polling function to make it so you get accurate up to the second update of the Roomba Status!

Also pushing these changes to the MIOS app store so keep an eye out for the update.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 07:46:35 am »
Hi undertoe,

Just wanted to thank you for the work here - great stuff :-)

did you say there is some sort of built in process that pings the roomba to check if it is on-line or not?  I currently use the ping sensor and if it fails it runs a scene to alert me - if something similar is built in that would be great.

Intend to install and play later today.

Thank you again.

Offline undertoe

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 08:01:40 am »
Hi undertoe,

Just wanted to thank you for the work here - great stuff :-)

did you say there is some sort of built in process that pings the roomba to check if it is on-line or not?  I currently use the ping sensor and if it fails it runs a scene to alert me - if something similar is built in that would be great.

Intend to install and play later today.

Thank you again.

That is a good suggestion LightsOn, expect to see this in the version 1.44 release along with other levels of notification triggers (cleaning, paused, docking, undocking). Should be very easy to program in there.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 08:06:27 am »
Great stuff :-)

In essence I have it so if a ping trips at 8pm every night I get a pop up message and verbal alert - if no trip then Roomba is on network and all will work as planned - having this built into the app means all could be done from within one app and also harness PLEG extensibility.  Great stuff thanks again :-)

Offline undertoe

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 08:27:52 am »
Great stuff :-)

In essence I have it so if a ping trips at 8pm every night I get a pop up message and verbal alert - if no trip then Roomba is on network and all will work as planned - having this built into the app means all could be done from within one app and also harness PLEG extensibility.  Great stuff thanks again :-)

Right now you could just do this into a scene in the LUUP code section

Code: [Select]
  local pingstatus = luup.variable_get("urn:undertoe-us:serviceId:Roomba1", "PingStatus", 194)
  if (pingstatus == "down") then
  return true
else
return false
  end

then have it do your alert

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 08:37:04 am »
yup that too would work :-)

Offline undertoe

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 03:57:05 pm »
I added Trigger support for Device status (Cleaning, Docked, Paused, Charging) along with Ping Status (online, offline)
Its pushed to github and can be manually installed
https://github.com/undert03/vera-roomba/archive/master.zip

These changes will not be pushed to mios app store version until 1.44

Offline undertoe

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »
Thinking about adding successful cleaning flag. Meaning if clean is pressed and it returns to the dock after that without out you pressing dock that is considered a successful daily cleaning reached. Then I can add a trigger so you can write scenes for a successful cleaning or unsuccessful daily clean. What do you guess think of that?

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 06:23:57 am »
Fab idea. I could get notifications then if I need to go and hunt for the roomba lol great idea thanks again for all this work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk