Author Topic: Can't login / reset password / create new account  (Read 4587 times)

Offline pierda

• Sr. Newbie
Can't login / reset password / create new account
« on: November 16, 2013, 03:50:51 am »
Hi - hoping someone here might be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Vera lite.

I recently tried to login using my username and password, but it kept telling me "Login failed. 1". I used my email address to request a new password and got the message "You password will be reset and sent to your email address." Then it would say "Password recovery failed" but I still receive an email with a new password. If I then try the new password I get "Login failed. 1" again.

I have tried to create a new account but when I fill in all the details, nothing happens when I press Register.

Have checked the username with http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=xxx and I am using the right one. Other details are... {"units":[{"serialNumber":"xxxxxxx","FirmwareVersion":"1.5.622","name":"xxxxxxxxxx","ipAddress":"10.0.0.xx","users":["xxxx"],"active_server":"fwd7.mios.com","forwardServers":[{"hostName":"fwd7.mios.com","primary":true},{"hostName":"fwd6.mios.com","primary":false}]}]}

I am able to login to cp1.mios.com and change passwords etc. but this has no effect.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Can't login / reset password / create new account
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:51:48 am »
You'll be to contact Micasaverde support.

- Garrett

Offline pierda

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:54:44 am »
Hi Garrett,

Thanks for the reply. I take it you meant I need to contact MCV support (as opposed to I will be contacted).

Really like the Authomation app BTW !

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 12:00:03 pm »
Hi Garrett,

Thanks for the reply. I take it you meant I need to contact MCV support (as opposed to I will be contacted).

Really like the Authomation app BTW !

Thats what happens when you are up 5AM in the morning after not being able to sleep and typing on your phone. Yes, I meant you'll need to contact MCV as they would be the appropriate ones to help you. None of the members on here will be able to assist you with MCV's server issues.

Thanks for the comment. I am doing my best to please everyone with the app.

- Garrett

Offline pierda

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:40:22 am »
Just to close this thread for others with similar issue.

I decided to try logging in from an alternative computer and I was able to.

Originally I tried logging in from main PC in Chrome and IE and neither worked. Trying from laptop, I was able to login with same details and no errors. Both machines on same network, as is the Vera Lite.

Unsure as to why, but will follow up with MCV support and post an answer if I find one.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 05:17:01 am »
Hello Pierda,

Can you please enable tech support and submit a trouble ticket from the dashboard of your Vera unit so i can take a look.

Thank you.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline pierda

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 05:14:02 pm »
Hi,

Just to further follow up...after clearing the cache I was able to access again!

Hope this might help others.