Author Topic: Two way wall switch with indicator lamps  (Read 1719 times)

Offline digitalbee

Two way wall switch with indicator lamps
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:51:32 am »
Hi,

I have a fibaro dimmer that I would like to use for a two way switcing of my stairway lights. One button at the bottom and one at the top. The wall buttons that I am using are ABB brand, impuls series with indicator lights. My problem is that when I connect the indicator lamp with the switch fibaro dimmer thinks that I am pussing the button. I have used this connection diagram http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-2#.UpdIbMTxpCE  as shown in figure 3. When I remove the indicator lamp everything works as it should.  I also have relay switches that I am going to use but I have not tested them yet. Any ideas as to make both dimmer and indicator light work together? Its a shame not to use the indicators as that is what makes this buttons great.

Thank you in advance

Offline chixxi

Re: Two way wall switch with indicator lamps
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:31:27 am »
Where do you connect the indicator lights to? Are they supposed to be always on or show the state of the light? What connectors does that switch provide?

If there are two seperate connectors for the indicator light I would connect these to "neutral" and "the output" of the fibaro devices, then they should turn on when the light is on?
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline digitalbee

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:05:20 am »
They show the state of the light in reverse. The light is on when the button is not pressed and off when you press it (these are buttons not switches). The indicators have internal connections to the button.

Offline digitalbee

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:51:37 am »
Today I installed a fibaro relay and the same thing happens with this one also. Any Ideas anyone?

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 09:17:49 am »
You cannot use this type of illuminated switch with the Fibaro relay. This is due to the fact that the illuminated switch completes the circuit attached to S1 and SX causing the Fibaro to regard the momentary switch as depressed or permanently On.

Remove the indicator(illuminator) lamp, as described in the first post, or replace your momentary switch with one that is NOT illuminated.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:19:36 am by Z-Waver »

Offline digitalbee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:06:51 am »
Thank you all for the interest. I will find a way to seperatly power the indicator lamps as I have allready put neutral on all the switches. It is a same not to have the indicator lamps on this switches.

Offline ggrizliv

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 12:35:19 pm »
Yes, i have the same problem with my 2-way switches with indicator lamp.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 08:17:20 am »
Yes. I like cheese.