We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ZeroBrane Studio for Vera -- Remote file editing  (Read 1032 times)

Offline paulclinger

ZeroBrane Studio for Vera -- Remote file editing
« on: November 30, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »
I got several questions about editing files on the device using ZeroBrane Studio for Vera and thought it would be useful functionality to have. I implemented it as a separate plugin, so you can give it a try.

The plugin and instructions are available in this blog post. You can save the plugin as packages/remoteedit.lua and it will add a menu item to the "File" menu. When you select "Open Remotely...", you will be asked for a file name and that file (if exists) will then be loaded in the editor for you to view/edit/save. This functionality is only enabled while there is a debugging session in progress, but in all other ways, it's like a regular editing.

Let me know if you find it useful or if you run into any issues. Browsing for files would be the next logic step, but it's significantly more work, so I don't yet plan to implement it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:39:40 pm by paulclinger »

Offline paulclinger

Re: ZeroBrane Studio for Vera -- Remote file editing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 01:55:24 am »
If you are getting "file not found" messages, please make sure you specify full file name or change the current directory as described here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17780.msg138639.html#msg138639