Author Topic: Onkyo Receiver Plugin  (Read 68083 times)

Offline jullio

Re: Onkyo Receiver Plugin
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 01:20:00 am »
I still had the Onkyo Media Control Plugin 0.11 installed (luckily!!!) and from ancient times... is this new plugin a "replacement"? I have installed it and it does work... will this plugin be further developed by you?

I had the old plugin also.  I took the old plugin added control for the other zones.  The old plugin disappeared from the apps selection so I thought I would bring it back.

Offline jullio

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 02:10:55 am »
Have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and this plugin works great. Had been working on my own simple plugin prior to your release but, nothing as versatile as yours. Do have some comments and questions.

1. you spelled DLNA wrong.
2. did some re-arranging of the Control tab, would like to send it to you for review is possible
3. any idea why this doesn't work in Vera Mobile or AutHomationHD? Get error "No implementation".
4. you included several Network Selections that are not available on the NR717 like Airplay, Napster & E-Onkyo. Did you include them because they are available on other models?
5. would be happy to help test any other features you add

By the way, great implementation, really like this app.
In reply to your post.
1. I fixed the spelling.  That will be part of the update for 1.2.  Won't be launching another update tell I can test some other things for better stability.
2. I am open to layout changes.  I took most of my time working on the functionality and not the UI so I am all ears for any layout improvements.
3. I do not know why.  If you could get me more information or if other custom apps do work in the Vera Mobile, then I can see how to fix it.
4. I included all the inputs and net services that were listed on Onkyo's eISCP documentation to support other receivers.  My receiver doesn't support Napster and e-onkyo either.
5. I will be adding a button to turn off and on your tv to the next update.  Let me know if anyone gets it to work.

Offline allyburns

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 08:36:58 am »
Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin it's working great for me  :)

I would be keen to have the TV on/off option.

If you want someone to test let me know sure.

Thanks

Ally

Offline kendad

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 03:47:44 pm »
In reply to your post.
1. I fixed the spelling.  That will be part of the update for 1.2.  Won't be launching another update tell I can test some other things for better stability.
2. I am open to layout changes.  I took most of my time working on the functionality and not the UI so I am all ears for any layout improvements.
3. I do not know why.  If you could get me more information or if other custom apps do work in the Vera Mobile, then I can see how to fix it.
4. I included all the inputs and net services that were listed on Onkyo's eISCP documentation to support other receivers.  My receiver doesn't support Napster and e-onkyo either.
5. I will be adding a button to turn off and on your tv to the next update.  Let me know if anyone gets it to work.

I also use the DSC alarm plugin and all of the devices listed for that one appear on Vera Mobile and AutHomationHD.  I can also control the alarm just like in the Vera itself.  I don't have any other plugins to compare.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »
3rd party plugins would require the developers of the 3rd party apps to support them.

- Garrett

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »
But garret to get them recognised in authomationhd ;-)
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 01:12:15 am »
Looking at the code, looks like the service for setting the volume level needs to be changed to the appropriate service:

ServiceId: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl
Action: SetVolume
Variable: DesiredVolume

- Garrett

Offline brandoncreel

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 12:19:35 pm »
I too noticed the plug-in does not work in the App.  It causes the App to crash.  It works fine on my computer though.  I'm using an Onkyo TX-8050 network receiver.  I like the app and am looking forward to future advancements.  Let me know if I can be of assistance with testing...

Offline AlekSh

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 01:43:40 pm »
Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin! I have Onkyo TX-NR579. And now i can control some functions my receiver.
But sume functions doesn't work. I try to use macro: select NET - > Favorite - > [Step]. Receiver switches to Favorite but occurs further nothing.
In the menu of a plug-in it would be good to organize buttons: left right down up as on remote control. Now a can't select station from menu.

Oleg.

Offline kendad

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »
3rd party plugins would require the developers of the 3rd party apps to support them.

- Garrett

I could understand that being the case for AutHomation but, I thought Vera Mobile was developed for micasaverde. Is that also considered 3rd party? Well anyway, hope that can be addressed soon. One of the reasons I purchased my Vera was the ability to control via my smartphone. By the way, I prefer the look and feel of AutHomation.

Offline jullio

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »
Looking at the code, looks like the service for setting the volume level needs to be changed to the appropriate service:

- Garrett

So if I change the volume serviceId to RenderingControll will the Onkyo receiver work in the AutHomationHD app of yours? Also is there anything else I could do to give more functionality in the AutHomationHD App.  Big fan of it.

Offline jullio

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »
Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin! I have Onkyo TX-NR579. And now i can control some functions my receiver.
But sume functions doesn't work. I try to use macro: select NET - > Favorite - > [Step]. Receiver switches to Favorite but occurs further nothing.
In the menu of a plug-in it would be good to organize buttons: left right down up as on remote control. Now a can't select station from menu.

Oleg.

The macro is an experimental function of the plugin.  I am still testing it, but I wanted others to try it.  You need to add a number in the macro steps field for it to select your station.  0 would be the first station in the list. 1 for the second station in the list and so on.  I am using the macro function to play a sound of a dog and siren if my security system is tripped while armed by setting up a scene to play macro1.  If you have any questions and feel the instructions need more information please let me know.

Offline jullio

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 07:02:32 pm »
Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin it's working great for me  :)

I would be keen to have the TV on/off option.

If you want someone to test let me know sure.

Thanks

Ally

I will be adding the TV ON and Off buttons to this next release.  If people can test this and get it working then I could make the TV a child device and you can control your tv separate from the receiver device in UI5.  I just need community help on this for testing.  Watch for this feature in the next release.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2013, 12:19:50 am »

- Garrett

I could understand that being the case for AutHomation but, I thought Vera Mobile was developed for micasaverde. Is that also considered 3rd party? Well anyway, hope that can be addressed soon. One of the reasons I purchased my Vera was the ability to control via my smartphone. By the way, I prefer the look and feel of AutHomation.

It would still require them to add support for the plugin. Most of the apps require that the developer add support for the plugin unless they mimic exactly how MCV does with their web interface which I believe Automator.app does. HomeWave allows you to build your controls based on the service id's, but for apps that depend on the device type and already have the interface built for the device / plugin requires them to add support for those plugins.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 12:22:45 am »

- Garrett

So if I change the volume serviceId to RenderingControll will the Onkyo receiver work in the AutHomationHD app of yours? Also is there anything else I could do to give more functionality in the AutHomationHD App.  Big fan of it.

Only if you are using the custom intent portion of the app like the home screen shortcuts or via tasker. I would still need to add full support of the plugin. However, by using the standard service types, it will make adding support easier and I will not have to create new code to support the custom service id's if I do not have to. That is why it is strongly encourage for plugin developers to use the standard services when ever possible for other developers to integrate it easily into their apps and to keep things clean and simple on the Vera end.

- Garrett