Author Topic: Onkyo Receiver Plugin  (Read 73056 times)

Offline nutshellml

Re: Onkyo Receiver Plugin
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2016, 05:54:49 pm »
Will this plug in work with an Integra DRX-4 receiver?  Made by Onkyo?

Offline conchordian

« Reply #286 on: January 02, 2017, 08:43:41 pm »
Will this plug in work with an Integra DRX-4 receiver?  Made by Onkyo?

It works with my Integra DHC-9.9 pre/pro, so there's a good chance it will.

Offline Gerald-trezvy-voditelon

Onkyo Receiver Plugin
« Reply #287 on: January 06, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »
Since a few days I have a strange problem. I use my Onkyo AV receiver as a client for Twonkymedia.
A few seconds after I start playing a song, the Onkyo receiver stops playback and jumps back to the server overview where the TwonkyMedia ist listed.

I have nothing changed on the hardware or software firmwares,firewall,....

Is there anyboy else with such a problem and can post some hints/tips?

Offline carracc

« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2017, 02:53:16 pm »
I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to navigate to the bluetooth input with this app?

I have a support receiver tx-nr626. I would greatly appreciate any help. This is actually the only function that I really need this app to do.

Thanks

Offline admanb

« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:42 am »
Finally found some time to play around with this plugin and see if I could get it to do a few things. Am starting to get the lay of the land...

Tried to tackle the most recent problem, posted by carracc, and was successful, thanks to https://github.com/miracle2k/onkyo-eiscp/issues/35. That thread has a note about how to receive the latest ISCP spec, and I sent off an email, so if I'm successful in getting those, I'll share them with the group as it looks like others are wanting to work on this too. Might set up a github repo for us with the app files, so we can do some version control, but that's for another day...

Here are instructions to be able to switch to the Bluetooth input (assuming you've already installed the Onkyo plugin):
1. From your Vera home screen, click Apps, Develop Apps, Luup files
2. Download the attached files and drag/drop them into the box near the top of the page. Click Done when each has uploaded.
3. Click on Devices, your Onkyo, Advanced, and note the device id at the top of the page (also next to "id" down below)
4. In a browser, load this url: http://{vera_ip}:{vera_port_default_is_3480}/data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=json&DeviceNum={id_from_step_3}&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:InputSelection1&action=DiscreteinputBluetooth
5. Enjoy!

I haven't yet added a button to the UI for this, but that should be pretty easy. This method works well if, like me (see my other post on this below), you're using an Amazon Echo with a bridge. I can now switch the input to Bluetooth by saying "Alexa, turn on Bluetooth". Am also starting to test out the new Vera Alexa Beta integration to see if I can ditch the bridge altogether, and so far with the lights, things are working great. Will try it out with the Onkyo soon...

Will also see if I can find some time to resolve the errors (e.g. Can't detect device) and add a few other features (update the input mappings, etc).

EDIT: @zoot1612 and @kendad identified a fix for the "Can't detect device" error earlier in this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17811.msg221898.html#msg221898
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:34:33 am by admanb »

Offline admanb

« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2017, 11:41:21 am »
Received the latest codes spec version this AM from Onkyo...too big to attach here, even with max compression, so posting it to Google Drive here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Due7hngFNkWUZEc3ZBakwyS2s

It's Version 1.34, last updated Jan-2016, but filename has August 2016 in it.

Offline trouty00

« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2017, 06:16:17 pm »
Is this plugin still supported? am i right in thinking that I cant change the port it uses from 60128 default in the plugin gui.

I found i can change it manually in the L_OnkyoReceiver1.lua file but ideally be able to change in the gui?

Stu

Offline admanb

« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2017, 07:47:41 pm »
Hi Stu, unfortunately, the plugin is not in a good state and doesn't work for most people's Onkyo receivers at this point. Changing the port via the GUI is probably the least of the problems here.

Offline chowda633

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2017, 11:14:00 pm »
Sad to hear just upgrade to UI7 can't find the receivers at all now