Author Topic: Zigbee - Elster V200 Water Meter  (Read 2117 times)

Offline andyvirus

Zigbee - Elster V200 Water Meter
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:42:19 pm »
A few months back I had my water meter replaced by my regions water company. They installed a smart meter so they could take the meter readings from the road instead of having to gain access tot the property to read the meter. This made me wonder what this device talks on.

They installed an Elster V200. After a bit of googling I found this: http://www.elster.com/en/press-releases/2011/1609100
It states that it has been officially certified to Smart Energy Profile 1.1 by the ZigBee Alliance.

So searching for anything to do with Zigbee on the forum cam up with a single result dating back to 2011.

Has anyone attempted to do anything with Zigbee ever? if so in Vera?

Would love to have the water monitored for use with my water heating logic as well as many other functions.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: Zigbee - Elster V200 Water Meter
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:43 am »
No one has tied Vera to a Zigbee water meter but here is a past topic about Zigbee electricity meters: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=14039.0

I'm not sure if there is anything in the water-metering world that is equivalent to the Rainforest serial-Zigbee gateways. That might be the missing link.

Offline wilme2

Re: Zigbee - Elster V200 Water Meter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 10:53:15 am »
There is a VERA plug-in written for the Rainforest Eagle for electric meters.  I wonder if the Eagle would pair with a water meter...

But you have to have a way to tell the meter to pair.  In Texas, we go to a state website and initiate the pairing of the Eagle with the electric meter...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)