We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Danalock?  (Read 57140 times)

Offline hakanaydin

Re: Danalock?
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2015, 05:43:25 am »
I was one of the original backers of Lockitron, but after a full year waiting finally gave up once they announced their new "Bolt" product that requires a full replacement of the lock.  Did a little bit of research, was considering the August since they have that new "Connect" add-on, but since it wasn't available yet I went with the Danalock - the Circle with both Zwave and bluetooth.  Ordered it on Wednesday and it was actually at my doorstep by noon on Friday ... pretty impressive given it came from Denmark and I'm in Toronto.  Import fees were steep unfortunately - added about $40 to the total - but nothing to do with the company.

So today I set aside the afternoon, thinking I'd probably need most of it to get it installed an configured.  I was totally wrong.  There was minimal instructions included, but there was a sheet that directs you them on the web - a little poorly worded, but relatively easy to follow.  It literally took me no more than 15 minutes to get the thing mounted on my door - if that.  Maybe I was lucky, but it was simply a matter of removing my old lock's baseplate and replacing it with the one provided with the Danalock.  The existing screws fit the template, and I didn't even have to use the "tailpiece" included as mine fit fine. 

Once it was installed I wanted to test it manually - it's a little counter-intuitive as you turn it the opposite way from what you'd expect, but no big deal.  Also a little stiff to start.  Then moved on to the button, one push to lock, a longer push to unlock.  Seemed to have a problem to start where it wasn't fully unlocking, but after a couple of cycles (manual and via the button) it seemed to adjust. But of course I didn't buy this to use it manually, I wanted to check out the pairing.

First up was the phone.  Downloaded the app, followed the instructions to put it in inclusion mode, and had it paired in less than a minute - on the first go-around.  It's a fairly simple app, but easy enough to lock and unlock it from there.  There's a slight delay when hitting the button before you hear/see the lock respond, but it's only about 2-3 seconds.

Then of course what I figured would be the challenge - getting in included in my Vera system.  As you probably have found, getting new devices paired properly can sometimes be a challenge.  The Danalock was included on the 2nd go - I'm not sure if the instructions on the Danalock website are correct, it says to hit the button twice for Zwave, and three times for Bluetooth.  It seemed (and I might be wrong) that I had to do three times to get it recognized.  Regardless it was way less painful than I've had with other devices.  It was recognized and setup as a lock as it should.  As far as controlling via Zwave, it's working ok at the moment - the delay seems a little longer, but can't say for sure if it's the lock or the Vera.  I'm going to try to do a repair to see if that helps.

I haven't tried all the features yet, but from the basics of having a Bluetooth/ZWave enabled lock I'm pretty pleased!

I have exactly the same problem. When I try to unlock/lock the device it delays and vera's web interface dont update the button. Its quite interesting my vera  runs  1.7.481 firmware ???

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
you can use the key (outside only) but it apears the locks in not able to make status-updates to the network if a key is used !

it is compatible to UI 5,6,7

if you use it via the vera .. the lock will tell the controller if it has sucessfully locked/unlocked ... so yes i guess its pretty safe.

Not have the status make it quite useless!

Really disappointed
Matteo

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2015, 09:25:17 pm »

[/quote]

Not have the status make it quite useless!

Really disappointed
[/quote]

Well yes and no.

Its disappointing for sure as this would not be a challenge to accomplish, and its also a security aspect.

But no lock do cover movement of the door (just the lock) so i have door sensors as well which would trigger an alarm if a "locked" door is opened.

Its sad, but both together make it pretty safe. (I think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline aleilia

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2015, 03:36:48 am »
hi i bought a danalock circle it's work but it doesn't do the poll so if i open manually it's not synchronise with vera.haw do i do?please help me

Offline mrv777

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2015, 07:09:19 am »
hi i bought a danalock circle it's work but it doesn't do the poll so if i open manually it's not synchronise with vera.haw do i do?please help me

If you manually lock or unlock it, it is currently not possible to have the status of the lock update.  This is a flaw in their software/hardware and the main complaint here about it.  I'm not sure what their plans are to resolve this.

Offline cafri

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2015, 06:50:22 am »
The cylinder they send me did not fit my door (I send them pictures of the cylinder and the door, they say it will fit) anyway I remove the tail from there cylinder and I attached it to my cylinder (will show pic later today or tomorrow)

Any chance to share how you managed to keep your existing cylinder?