We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Danalock?  (Read 58780 times)

Offline flyveleder

Re: Danalock?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 04:24:21 am »
According to Danalock it's already in the making; They should be ready with a firmware update later this month to fix all known issues (including registering position using manual turn (key/thumbturn) and  lock/unlock state to avoid "re-locking") and adding proximity BLE etc.

/Martin

Offline korttoma

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 07:16:04 am »
Thanks everybody for sharing your experience with these. I'm considering one also.
I have read somewhere that NFC was planed also but I guess this feature did not make it.
- Tomas

Offline gibby

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 10:30:41 am »
Thanks everybody for sharing your experience with these. I'm considering one also.
I have read somewhere that NFC was planed also but I guess this feature did not make it.

If you look here http://www.poly-control.com/#more-info it shows they keypad and fob that are coming in 2014. I have been communicating with them and the keypad will have NFC in it. They will be $60-$75 US.

if you press lock/unlock when the lock is already lock/unlock the motor will try to turn anyway
I have programmed my Vera (using PLEG) to only lock/unlock if the door is not already; Meaning - that you press LOCK it will only try to do if it is UNLOCKED ...

My only problem currently is that the state doesn't change if you are using the thumbturn (or real key) to lock/unlock it. Danalock promised to look into this feature ;-)

I will come a more detailed review of the lock in a short while.

Brgds,
Martin

I ordered one of these last week, I am wondering since the state does not change when using the thumbturn or real key, why not when you send LOCK just always lock no matter the state? Or every X minutes send a LOCK anyways to make sure it is secure at all times.

If the lock is already locked, the danalock attempts to lock it, it either completed the entire sequence, with the motor stalled and struggling, or it attempts it and gives up, depending on the torque provided/required. Neither of these things is a good thing to be doing at regular intervals throughout every single day, for battery logevity, and for motor wear. Checking the state, and then only performing an action when necessary, is a much better method. You wouldn't drive your car into the back wall of the garage every two hours, just to make sure you were in far enough.

It looks like since they are going to provide a firmware update later this month to properly report the state when the lock is used manually this shouldn't be an issue anymore for me. Basically I am going to have it where the lock will relock after 2-5 minutes(going to have to test) and I want to make sure the state will be properly reported in Vera. That is why I thought about sending lock command every so often, but I hope that is not the case. I don't have an open/close sensor on the door that Vera can talk to or I could just make it assume locked when door is closed. But we will see when it gets here.

I've just installed my Danalock, and so far, well, I'm not sure yet. It is mounted, and it functions. I had quite a bit of trouble getting it added to my vera lite, but that was finally accomplished, and after adjusting some settings, its working well. The bluetooth is another story. I have a Galaxy s4, running Android 4.3 w/BTLE. I run the setup on the app, add the lock, it finds it, then sits on "negotiating with danalock" forever. Never goes past it. I've seen another review in the play store saying the same thing, and it looks like there's one here as well, where danalock replied that the android device was unsupported. I could kind of go with that, while it still would be a very very dificult thing to stomach, considering the S4 is so prevalent. However, I have a bone stock iphone5 also, that exhibits EXACTLY the same behavior, and the iphone5 is clearly listed as being supported, and I am running the latest IOS. I have reset the device by pressing the center button until i get 5 beeps, and I've even cycled power completely by removing the batteries. No change. I left the iphone on "negotiating with danalock", literally sitting on the lock itself, and checked it this morning. Still on screen, "negotiating with danalock". There's no other bluetooth settings I'm aware of that I can adjust. So what do I do? I've done all the phone specific things, powered off, rebooted, cycled bluetooth on and off. Even performed a factory wipe of the iphone, no difference. Defective unit? How do I proceed? I've emailed danalock, but their email responses are a little slow, and I see perhaps a danalock employee in this thread so I thought I'd drop a line here.

Are you rooted or have a custom ROM on your S4? I don't have a S4 to test with, but I do have some S3's and Note 2's I will be testing with. With my Note 2, I know I have issues with different bluetooth features depending on ROM.

For those that ordered it in the US, how long did it take arrive?

Offline gibby

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 10:32:11 am »
I've just installed my Danalock, and so far, well, I'm not sure yet. It is mounted, and it functions. I had quite a bit of trouble getting it added to my vera lite, but that was finally accomplished, and after adjusting some settings, its working well. The bluetooth is another story. I have a Galaxy s4, running Android 4.3 w/BTLE. I run the setup on the app, add the lock, it finds it, then sits on "negotiating with danalock" forever. Never goes past it. I've seen another review in the play store saying the same thing, and it looks like there's one here as well, where danalock replied that the android device was unsupported. I could kind of go with that, while it still would be a very very dificult thing to stomach, considering the S4 is so prevalent. However, I have a bone stock iphone5 also, that exhibits EXACTLY the same behavior, and the iphone5 is clearly listed as being supported, and I am running the latest IOS. I have reset the device by pressing the center button until i get 5 beeps, and I've even cycled power completely by removing the batteries. No change. I left the iphone on "negotiating with danalock", literally sitting on the lock itself, and checked it this morning. Still on screen, "negotiating with danalock". There's no other bluetooth settings I'm aware of that I can adjust. So what do I do? I've done all the phone specific things, powered off, rebooted, cycled bluetooth on and off. Even performed a factory wipe of the iphone, no difference. Defective unit? How do I proceed? I've emailed danalock, but their email responses are a little slow, and I see perhaps a danalock employee in this thread so I thought I'd drop a line here.

I just noticed in their FAQ it states "Android: Please check the specs for your phone to be sure it supports Bluetooth Smart. Most new Android phones supports Bluetooth Smart/BLE.
Newest Android 4.4 KitKat must be supported by the Smartphone."

I don't remember seeing KK as a requirement before but it looks like it is now.

Offline flyveleder

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 10:36:08 am »
Basically I am going to have it where the lock will relock after 2-5 minutes(going to have to test) and I want to make sure the state will be properly reported in Vera. That is why I thought about sending lock command every so often, but I hope that is not the case. I don't have an open/close sensor on the door that Vera can talk to or I could just make it assume locked when door is closed. But we will see when it gets here.

Open/close state is properly reported in Vera (apart from when using manual interaction). If you are using Bluetooth to lock, it's instantly reported in Vera.

/Martin

Offline gibby

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 10:49:03 am »
Basically I am going to have it where the lock will relock after 2-5 minutes(going to have to test) and I want to make sure the state will be properly reported in Vera. That is why I thought about sending lock command every so often, but I hope that is not the case. I don't have an open/close sensor on the door that Vera can talk to or I could just make it assume locked when door is closed. But we will see when it gets here.

Open/close state is properly reported in Vera (apart from when using manual interaction). If you are using Bluetooth to lock, it's instantly reported in Vera.

/Martin

Yeah I am worried about when the lock is operated manually...

Offline flyveleder

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 11:33:36 am »
As I said it does NOT change state in the lock, and therefore no matter how many times you poll it, it will not show correct state.

This will be fixed in the next firmware update though.

/Martin

Offline ntk

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:18 am »

I just noticed in their FAQ it states "Android: Please check the specs for your phone to be sure it supports Bluetooth Smart. Most new Android phones supports Bluetooth Smart/BLE.

i have the same problem and i use nexus v2 and android 4.4.2

also android support BLE from 4.3 and not 4.4

i send them an email and did not get a respond

also i have problem with sending alert when locking/unlocking the door, there is no option for "status of the lock change" there is only option for unlock or unlock in trigger in the vera GUI, so instead of receiving alert only when lock/unlock the door, i receive alert every time vera poll the node, they need to add option in the trigger to send alert when status change and no only when state is lock/unlock

Offline animalhouse

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 01:27:05 pm »
Any experience/ideas on how to do a Factory Data Reset on the Danalock? I paired it to a different controller at first, and need to switch it over to my new VeraLite, but everything I had to re-pair required a factory data reset. I can't figure out how to do it with the Danalock. I'm open to other ideas--it's trying to communicate, but won't pair. I checked and confirmed that I have the US version.

I emailed them, just haven't heard back yet.

THANKS!!!

Offline flyveleder

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 03:47:04 pm »
Please don't hang me for this if it's wrong ;-) - but I THINK you should hold the finger on the button untill you hear 5 beeps; Then let go.

Try to include on the new network.

/Martin

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:41 pm »

i have the same problem and i use nexus v2 and android 4.4.2

also android support BLE from 4.3 and not 4.4

i send them an email and did not get a respond

also i have problem with sending alert when locking/unlocking the door, there is no option for "status of the lock change" there is only option for unlock or unlock in trigger in the vera GUI, so instead of receiving alert only when lock/unlock the door, i receive alert every time vera poll the node, they need to add option in the trigger to send alert when status change and no only when state is lock/unlock

I do have a custom rom on my S4, and I did notice the 4.4 requirement that seems to have been added late. The trouble with all of that is that I have a bone stock iphone 5, on ios 7, that gives me the EXACT same results. Never gets past "negotiating with lock". So while I might give a bit of a pass on the S4 due to various factors, the iphone 5, which is explicitly supported, performs exactly the same, which causes me worry.

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:43 pm »
Has anyone adjusted the variables via z-wave?
The published documentation:

"The variables indicates:
Variable 0 = Turning the DanaLock clockwise or counter clockwise.
 Set the values to 1 if it should turn the opposite way.
Variable 1 = The value indicates the timeframe specified below
 DanaLock, the time the lock should be turning when you press unlock
Variable 2 = The value indicates the timeframe specified below
 DanaLock: The time the lock should be turning when you press lock
Variable 3 = how much torque/power will you need? Less torque = lower power
 consumption
DanaLock: 1 = max torque
 2 = average torque
 3 = minimum toque, minimum power consumption.
Variable 4 = Indicates what kind of lock you have in your door.
The parameter shall only be set if you want the DanaLock to operate a magnetic door
lock or door strike, then you have to set this parameter to 3"

This is completely incorrect, at best. So far, there is no variable zero. Variable 1 is definitely the toggle between clockwise and counterclockwise operation. I've verified it. With the other settings, I'm getting very mixed results, even changing one variable at a time. At this point, I can't reliably say what any of them do. For instance, according to the docs, variable 1 and 2 should be changed together, right? Well, variable 1 is the toggle. So lets say the variables are off by 1, making 2 and 3 the lock/unlock timing. I can change one of them, either one, and it has an effect, in either speed or duration, on both lock and unlock. So it appears that the ideas published in the manual are completely wrong. This is crazy.

Offline gibby

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »
Had a surprise today when I got home from the office. My lock showed up. Fedex guy actually came by twice. Took a little bit to install due to my dead bolt but once I got it assembled I was able to add it via the Android app but could not configure it. Added it to Vera with no issues. However the documentation is contradicting on the Variables in Vera. It took about 2 hours to configure via bluetooth but I will say that might be my ROM. On my Note 2 I am running CM KK,  my wife's is stock and can not even download app. Definitely looking forward to the keypad!

Offline gibby

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 10:10:12 pm »
Has anyone adjusted the variables via z-wave?
The published documentation:

"The variables indicates:
Variable 0 = Turning the DanaLock clockwise or counter clockwise.
 Set the values to 1 if it should turn the opposite way.
Variable 1 = The value indicates the timeframe specified below
 DanaLock, the time the lock should be turning when you press unlock
Variable 2 = The value indicates the timeframe specified below
 DanaLock: The time the lock should be turning when you press lock
Variable 3 = how much torque/power will you need? Less torque = lower power
 consumption
DanaLock: 1 = max torque
 2 = average torque
 3 = minimum toque, minimum power consumption.
Variable 4 = Indicates what kind of lock you have in your door.
The parameter shall only be set if you want the DanaLock to operate a magnetic door
lock or door strike, then you have to set this parameter to 3"

This is completely incorrect, at best. So far, there is no variable zero. Variable 1 is definitely the toggle between clockwise and counterclockwise operation. I've verified it. With the other settings, I'm getting very mixed results, even changing one variable at a time. At this point, I can't reliably say what any of them do. For instance, according to the docs, variable 1 and 2 should be changed together, right? Well, variable 1 is the toggle. So lets say the variables are off by 1, making 2 and 3 the lock/unlock timing. I can change one of them, either one, and it has an effect, in either speed or duration, on both lock and unlock. So it appears that the ideas published in the manual are completely wrong. This is crazy.

I concur, Var 3 seemed to disable the lock for me.

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 10:13:00 pm »
Gibby, tell me about your bluetooth experience. You say it took two hours. Was that multiple attempts, or it took that long to configure itself?