We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Danalock?  (Read 57608 times)

Offline gibby

Re: Danalock?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »
Gibby, tell me about your bluetooth experience. You say it took two hours. Was that multiple attempts, or it took that long to configure itself?
Multiple attempts, make sure your wifi is off and toggle bluetooth before opening app. Should only take 10 seconds or so to communicate when working. Does take about a minute to reconnect after making a configuration change. I found going into Android apps and force stopping helped too.

Offline ntk

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »
anyone can see the status of the battery in vera ? i always get 0%

Offline gibby

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 10:36:45 pm »
anyone can see the status of the battery in vera ? i always get 0%

Yeah it takes a few times but it should report.

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 10:49:56 pm »
Here's what I've discovered pertaining to z-wave variables only. This knowledge is from real world trial and error.
Variable 0 - does not appear to exist. Vera reports it as undefined, and I have not been able to successfully change its value.
Variable 1 - definitively the direction toggle. Default is zero, which moves the unit clockwise on lock. Change to 1 for the reverse.
Variable 2 - default is 3, which turns the lock for approximately 3 seconds.
                   Setting this value to 1 turns the lock for approximately 6 seconds, but a much slower rate, effectively moving the
                   lock the same distance.
                   Setting this value to 4 turns the lock for approximately 2.5 seconds, but at a faster rate.
                   So it appears that variable 2 controls the speed of the lock. Values of 1-4, at least, are viable.
Variable 3 - This variable does appear to be the torque control as the manual states. For me, anything higher than 1, which the
                   manual states is max torque, renders the lock unable to move.
Variable 4 - Default is 9. This variable appears to be the duration the lock moves, in either direction. The higher the number, the longer it
                   turns and the farther it moves the lock. I cannot tell if the number equates to degrees of rotation or time of rotation.
                   My measurements aren't accurate enough to say for sure, so if you need it to move further, increase the number, or
                   vice versa. For me, a value of 13 stopped the lock just before it stalled due to no room for further movement. 14 caused a
                   momentary bind just at the end. Seems to me thats what you should be going for.
Variable 5 - I'm going to assume this variable is the "magnetic lock variable" mentioned in the manual. I don't need it, and I've found
                   what I needed in the other variables to set it properly, so I don't care.

Hopefully this will help someone, and HEY DANALOCK, REWRITE THE INSTALLATION GUIDE!!! You have my permission to use this info if you like, just let me know where to send the invoice for R&D.

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
P.S. danalock I'll PM you the address to send the free set of batteries and a new tailpiece adapter. Since I have subjected my unit to extreme usage, figuring out the details of YOUR product, I believe its the least you can do. :)

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 11:18:01 pm »
And I was finally, finally able to pair the lock with my iphone 5. Still no luck with the S4, but at least the lock does not appear to be faulty. Guess I'll start looking for a 4.4 rom.

Offline idefix

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 09:31:12 am »
Received mine today and managed to get it to connect to vera after a few tries (had to factory reset once -  would be nice if it is mentioned in the manual how to do that btw) and got it connected after that.

Android no joy so far.
S4 on latest 4.4 as well as a Nexus 7 on latest 4.4 both find the lock but are unable to "negotiatiate"  the connection. Stuck forever on that screen.
Interesting is that the S4 shows multiple entries for the same lock when searching and the nexus 7 only one.
Wifi off, BT toggle countless times did not help either.
Looks like a lot more work needs to go into the Android support for this product :-(

Next issue was mounting it. I have a Schlage deadbolt and the Danalock (square version) came with no adapter plate (unlike what is show on the webpage).  As the large deadbolt screws will never fit the Danalock directly (plus holes are at a different position) and as the Danalock will not cover the Deadbolt hole in any case the plate is absolutely crucial.
Mailed the company to check whether it was accidentally left out of the box.
For now it sits on the shelf looking "pretty"  :-(

Offline robertmm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:15 pm »
Since I started the thread: I ended up sending mine back. They shipped the wrong version (EU instead of US), promised a replacement PCB which never arrived, emailed a UPS label, and then went silent. Some of the features important to me don't work yet (keyless proximity entry with Bluetooth), and the installation isn't as smooth as the web video would make you believe (I have a Schlage B60 deadbolt). Overall, it's just not ready for prime time, in my opinion.

The initial response from their support was great, and they apologized profusely, but then they inexplicably went completely silent about 20 days or so ago, on three different email addresses. Now this could be because they're a small company (hope everyone is doing alright) -- I don't want to have to fight for my refund.

The one thing I had zero trouble with was the Bluetooth link to my iPhone. It just worked.

Offline gibby

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 12:40:52 am »
So I did some testing for the z-wave variables. I went to device options and added variables up to 20 and set them to monitor only. Looks like 0-8 are valid.

Offline idefix

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:05 am »
The lock is now connect to my Vera and at least the zwave part works.
Pending the mounting issue (plate missing) I'm wondering what will happen if I mount this BT & Zwave lock at my door without ever accessing it via BT for the initial setup (no apples in the house)?

Question is: is the lock open till first time successful setup via BT? Means can anyone with an iPhone and the Dana app simply walk up to my door, pair via BT, run the initial, never used setup and open my door?

Waiting on a reply from the manufacturer on that (and the missing parts).......

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 01:51:18 pm »
Please don't hang me for this if it's wrong ;-) - but I THINK you should hold the finger on the button untill you hear 5 beeps; Then let go.

Try to include on the new network.

/Martin

5 beeps after each other - or 5 small beeps in a row?
this ?#&%?&? Lock does not want to include.. or exclude

Edit: the BT Device has to be removed from the web gui to be able to factory reset.
But it does not look like factory reset sets z-wave settings back to default, at least i am not able to add it to my vera again

Edit again: removing battery for a while right after  factory reset did the trick.. useless manual.. i think i for some reason manged to disable the entire Lock by setting the variables stated in their manual by some way. the procedure is absolutely identical as last time, just except variables
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:06:36 pm by tek »

Offline idefix

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 12:31:15 am »
2 beeps after each other to include and exclude. 5 beeps after each other to factory reset (will play a melody once you let go of the button and reset is successful)
I also had the same issue you describe. Removing the battery and plugging it back in solved the issue.

Offline tek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 04:32:23 am »
2 beeps after each other to include and exclude. 5 beeps after each other to factory reset (will play a melody once you let go of the button and reset is successful)
I also had the same issue you describe. Removing the battery and plugging it back in solved the issue.

this time i added to z-wave first since that was where i had problem last time, this worked.. But not able to add the Device as a New Lock With BT - and the kids iphone4s does not detect the other Lock at all.. i`ve sendt a mail to support, probably just have to wait...  >:(

Still no answer from danalock, even not after numerous Messages and posts on facebook either -but at the end i manged to fix this myself.
using a custom BLE scanner I where able to detect the New Lock. the ID for the Lock is the last digits of the MAC adress, so if you have multiple Locks you can use their webpage to exclude known Locks.

After using the scanner to find my "New" Lock, i knew it where avaliable just not for my Phones (tried several suported iphones) and went Ahead and started my BLE diagnostic tool. imidiately it found my unpaired Lock, and tried to read setting. As soon as i started the read, i could see that the lights on the Locks was turned on. Grabbed my phone again and tried to add a New Lock - and it worked..

It looks like it had been into some sort of sleep (the BT part) and had Incredible low rssi rate. did not look like the a factory actually did anything..The Lock came up as "New Lock at the end, but all custom settings like CCW, turn degrees was as i set it the first time.

But i am "happy" for now - but used almost 12 hours to get two Locks up running. Alot of the time could be avoided With proper manuals..

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:06:30 am by tek »

Offline idefix

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:55 am »
Interesting. Do you by any chance have a android to test with? Would love to know where in the inclusion process the problem occurs as I can see the light in the lock come on and off after some time when I connect the S4 or Nexus 7 but never get the final inclusion confirmation.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:11 pm »
According to Danalock it's already in the making; They should be ready with a firmware update later this month to fix all known issues (including registering position using manual turn (key/thumbturn) and  lock/unlock state to avoid "re-locking") and adding proximity BLE etc.

Any idea how we are to receive and install this new firmware?  The lock doesn't appear to have a USB connector on it.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.