Author Topic: Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin 2.0  (Read 76762 times)

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
Re: Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin 2.0
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2017, 10:26:18 pm »
Sadly, it didn't seem to work. Reading further on the error by itself (not limited to just the receiver), it seems it is actually a common problem with the VeraPlus that people have been experiencing since its release. It has yet to be fully repaired in the firmware. I used a solution in another thread that is meant to combat ANY device added to the Vera displaying this error (as long as the Vera and device seem to work just fine with each other, just as this scenario).

I created a scene and set it to run every day at 6am. I added the following lua code and soon after saving it, the error was gone.

Code: [Select]
for devNum, devAttr in pairs(luup.devices) do
local commfailure = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "CommFailure", devNum)
if (commfailure == "1") then
luup.log("Device "..devNum.." has CommFailure="..commfailure..". set it to 0")
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "CommFailure", "0", devNum)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1", "Reload", {}, 0)
end
end
This is my signature :)

Offline ShawnInFL

« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2018, 04:48:44 pm »
Well, I finally did it. Bought the Vera Plus and upgraded my 3 other Vera Lite units to UI7. As expected, I am having lots of issues with the Yamaha Plugin. After working for a long time with Vera Tech Support, it appears in the most recent UI7 version, they have blocked the UPNP for the plugins. They tell me the Yamaha Plugin must communicate over a different port in order to make the plugin work. Has anyone had any luck getting this plugin to work with UI7? Are there any other work arounds? I have a Harmony Hub, guess I will try to trick that to providing some of my Yamaha controls. In the past, I used the Yamaha Plugin along with my MiniMotes to control sound on my patio (zone 2) and also in my MasterBath (zone 3). Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Offline Tarkus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2018, 05:16:51 pm »
It works for me on my Vera Plus UI7 Latest official firmware release installed.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:27:16 pm by Tarkus »

Offline Tarkus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »
Be aware that you can only have one tcp connection at a time to the receiver. So if there is another utility using the port the Vera will not connect. There is also the http plugin which also works well under UI7. There is a separate thread on that in the Vera Forums.

Offline ShawnInFL

« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2018, 06:50:19 pm »
Thank you sir!! It was that simple. I had my UI5 unit running, reviewing my old config while going to UI7 and VeraPlus. I simply added the ip address and she works. I do have the "Can't Detect Device" though. Had seen in prior posts to "reload the engine". I found a reload option under the advanced tab/new service. Not sure if that was he reload that was required, but the error is still present. Any suggestions there? You REALLY saved me, again!! Have grown to love the Zone 3 addition, would hate to lose it.

Offline Tarkus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2018, 07:13:50 pm »
Great!, glad to hear. The can't detect device error has always resolved itself. Make sure you also fill in the MAC address parameter. What has worked for me in the past is doing a hard boot several times by pulling the power. I recently reinstalled the plugin and had the error, did a hard boot several times but it was still there. A few days later I loaded the UI and it had resolved itself on its own.

Offline ShawnInFL

« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2018, 07:18:54 pm »
Just saw that myself on a previous conversation we had...oops. After getting the 2.5 on UI7 working, with your help, I noticed the Zone 3 Options were missing. Went back to find your zip further back in the thread. You had that covered as well and I just missed it. Thanks again for all the help!!

YOUR QUOTE:
"On a side note, to the person who is getting the cant detect device error. From my experience the error always has show up on my vera after a new install but in my case the plugin always worked anyway. Also the error always went away after a few restarts of the vera by pulling the power."

Offline Tarkus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2018, 07:38:14 pm »
You are welcome. I understand UI8 is in development. Let's hope these plugins hold up. I will wait a while before upgrading. I have a old Vera lite which is out of service. If UI8 supports the lite I will use it for testing the plugin and report back.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:04:29 pm by Tarkus »

Offline ShawnInFL

« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2018, 11:17:29 am »
It took me years to feel good about a move to UI7 and it still falls short in many respects. Think I will be giving UI8 some time to grow as well. With 4 hubs needed, I really didn't see another option that was reasonably priced. Vera has its struggles, but it's capable of meeting my needs. Imperihome, Harmony Hub and Alexa integration have really helped to enhance the Vera experience. All is well on the Yamaha front. All 3 zones working like a champ and the error "can't detect device" is clear as of this morning  8)