We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin 2.0  (Read 102142 times)

Offline Jasonejc

Re: Yamaha Network Control Alias Plugin 2.0
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2014, 05:36:02 pm »
Thanks Joey.. I tried using the advanced tab in a scene instead of the dashboard and that worked perfect!

Thanks for your work on this!

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2014, 07:31:34 pm »
It's odd. It's been awhile since I updated the files for this plugin. I just uploaded the ones for 2.5 to replace the old files. I see the new device has more buttons instead of just on/off which is nice. The problem however, is that when I edit a scene and under devices I go to it and click "on" and save and reload the vera...I go back and nothing is selected in the scene.

I created a power on and off scene for my living room. It basically turns power on/off to the outlets, shutdown or boots the PC in there, etc. The scene will allow me to click on any device/button and save it but any changes I make to the Yamaha device....nothing sticks.

Is there something wrong with the current plugin or was replacing the files a bad idea? :)
This is my signature :)

Offline Tank

« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2014, 07:33:36 pm »
It's odd. It's been awhile since I updated the files for this plugin. I just uploaded the ones for 2.5 to replace the old files. I see the new device has more buttons instead of just on/off which is nice. The problem however, is that when I edit a scene and under devices I go to it and click "on" and save and reload the vera...I go back and nothing is selected in the scene.

I created a power on and off scene for my living room. It basically turns power on/off to the outlets, shutdown or boots the PC in there, etc. The scene will allow me to click on any device/button and save it but any changes I make to the Yamaha device....nothing sticks.

Is there something wrong with the current plugin or was replacing the files a bad idea? :)

Look at the last 3 comments prior to yours :)

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2014, 01:31:40 am »

Look at the last 3 comments prior to yours :)

Oops ;)
lol

I read so many comments and towards the last dozen or so I skipped to the end and made comment giving up. I can be a dingleberry sometimes. I'll stand by then and do everything fromt he advanced tab for now.

Thanks

Update: It saves but sadly it still won't turn the unit on/off. I select to turn on "MainPower On" or "SystemPower On" ...or both and it saves but the receiver does not power on when the scene is ran. Same for standby. I think it still has to do with the fact that it loses communication with the receiver when the outlet turns off and even when its back on, it doesn't communicate with the receiver. Oh well. Looks like I still can't integrate the receiver into z-wave yet and will have to keep that remote out :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:40:09 am by TheSaint »

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2014, 06:48:45 am »
The Receiver needs to be on standby with network comms on to be used.  Don't plug the receiver in to the outlet you are controlling.

guest140520

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2014, 06:53:29 am »
How can I use this plugin if the power is off. The receiver uses a lot of power in standby mode so I want to shut it off by switching the power.
Can the plugin reconnect to the receiver?

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2014, 08:58:42 am »
Ya, same. That is the main reason I switch that outlet. The whole point is to save money. It pains me to not be able to add the receiver to the scenes in the theater but it pains me more to get a larger bill every month heh. I have a dedicated circuit/outlet for that plug just for the receiver and amps and a z-wave outlet and when the room is not in use the power automatically shuts off to preserve energy by killing trickle power.

Even if power is on, the receiver doesn't respond but that's because it looks like it loses connection completely from vera the second power gets shut off again and when the receiver comes back on, vera doesn't try to re-shake hands with it. So you would have to restart vera every single time the receiver gets powered again and it "may" work, but only until you shut power again lol. That isn't worth it. So its a flaw in Vera itself and not the plugin. It sounds like it has to do with how Vera communicates and keeps the channel open with devices. Odd because you would think it simply pings devices to see if they are there but....*shrug*
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:01:51 am by TheSaint »

Offline Tank

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:02 am »
I can't imagine the standby mode on the receiver would cost more than a few dollars per year to run, in fact are you really saving anything if you have a zwave outlet that is also drawing power to communicate with the controller?  That being said the connection errors when the receiver is off are unavoidable.  Unfortunately the Vera does not have a way to close the TCP connection.  There is no way to create a new connection to the receiver since the Vera still thinks the original connection is open.

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2014, 09:13:34 am »
I can't imagine the standby mode on the receiver would cost more than a few dollars per year to run, in fact are you really saving anything if you have a zwave outlet that is also drawing power to communicate with the controller?  That being said the connection errors when the receiver is off are unavoidable.  Unfortunately the Vera does not have a way to close the TCP connection.  There is no way to create a new connection to the receiver since the Vera still thinks the original connection is open.

I kind of figured that much. As for trickle power, between the receiver and amps there is a varying amount of trickle power of between 22-40 watts. That's like leaving a lightbulb on 24/7/365. The outlet consumes 0.1 watts. I have measured everything using a solid meter. Those are dedicated to that outlet because 1) heavy load needs its own circuit and 2) it needs to be separate from everything else so that it has clean/stable power so that it doesn't affect the quality of audio.

Hopefully in the coming UI update they will fix the TCP issue *shrug*

Offline Tank

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:29 am »
Ah I see, it's not just the receiver, all your A/V equipment is on that outlet? 

The other option is to go with an IR blaster, but the upfront cost of the blaster will be more than you'd spend on running 40w of equipment for an entire year (I came up with about $50/year based on my local energy costs).

guest140520

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:53 am »
So I can't just Switch off the power - and after it is back (boots up to the normal state) use the plugin? Or is this only the case if I want to shut it down correctly?

I mean isn't it just simply sending an http command to a specific address (Receiver)?
Even if I don't get Feedback, I simply want to shut down, boot up, change the volume and maybe HDMI channel. i don't care which channel it is on.

Possible?

Offline Tank

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2014, 10:36:02 am »
So I can't just Switch off the power - and after it is back (boots up to the normal state) use the plugin? Or is this only the case if I want to shut it down correctly?

I mean isn't it just simply sending an http command to a specific address (Receiver)?
Even if I don't get Feedback, I simply want to shut down, boot up, change the volume and maybe HDMI channel. i don't care which channel it is on.

Possible?

No, this plugin does not use the HTTP protocol.    The plugin calls luup.io.open(lul_device, ipAddress, ipPort) to open a TCP connection to the receiver.  The issue is that there is no luup.io.close, so as far as the Vera is concerned that connection is still valid and a new connection cannot be opened on the same IP/Port.  However once the Yamaha is power cycled then it no longer has any knowledge of that connection and expects a new one to be opened.  This is a limitation of the Vera not the receiver or the plugin.

If you're just looking to send commands than an IR blaster is a viable option.

guest140520

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2014, 10:45:24 am »
Would it help to Crash that process on the Vera somehow, so the plugin has to restart?

Thinking of workarounds...

Offline Tank

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »
Would it help to Crash that process on the Vera somehow, so the plugin has to restart?

Thinking of workarounds...

The plugins don't really have their own process.  You could restart the LuaUPnP process which would be similar to a reload but that might interrupt other things that are running or mess up scheduled scenes etc.

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2014, 05:11:02 pm »
Has MiCasaVerde been notified of the problem? I really hope so since I am sure 6.0 is right around the corner.