We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SCENE FEATURE REQUEST: Raise/Lower Heat/Cool Setpoint  (Read 5032 times)

Offline LibraSun

SCENE FEATURE REQUEST: Raise/Lower Heat/Cool Setpoint
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:00:58 pm »
As I get closer to deploying a remote with my Vera system, I am dreaming of having one button raise my thermostat's temperature setpoint by 1 degree.  Another button would lower the temperature.

Could MCV please incorporate new settings called "Raise Temp by 1" and "Lower Temp by 1"?

This would be in addition to the "Unchanged" and "Set Heat Point"/"Set Cool Point' choices.  And having this done within Vera's "Scenes" UI spares us from having to devise a Luup plug-in work-around for this simple function.

Thanks!
Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)

Offline LibraSun

Re: SCENE FEATURE REQUEST: Raise/Lower Heat/Cool Setpoint
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:45:54 pm »
In hindsight, I should also have asked for little UP and DOWN arrows next to the Setpoint(s) within Vera's UI (her Dashboard as well as the Mobile interface(s)).

Thanks.  I know I'm asking a lot, but nothing more than other HA solutions might offer.
Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)

Offline brownrice

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 01:04:06 pm »
I have not been able to remotely raise and lower the temperature with the new Vera and Trane thermostat recently purchased. Do you know if this is possible to do and how ??  THANK YOU

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:33:01 pm »
You can't raise and lower it via up and down buttons but you can just input a numerical value in the "adjust set point" field. It works fine and a feature request has been submitted for a future release of Vera's firmware. The up and down arrows work great in the beta version of DotControl Pro - the iPhone app that some of us are testing. That app should be available before long.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline htweedie

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:40:33 am »
  Just trolling for answers and see that that I haven't been the only one with this query (i.e. effectively enter a setpoint .. does the iVera app allow this via the thermostat device?).

Anybody know if this feature request has been implemented (given this was posted in 2009) or what happened to the DotControl Pro iPhone app referred to?

Thanks ...

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:29 am »
[...]i.e. effectively enter a setpoint .. does the iVera app allow this via the thermostat device?
Yes, you can change the setpoint from the iVera app.

BTW, you could get the free version of the app and run the demo mode to check it out.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:33:36 pm »
  Anybody know if this feature request has been implemented (given this was posted in 2009) or what happened to the DotControl Pro iPhone app referred to?

DotControl Pro is now called SQ Remote, the forum is here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?board=9.0

www.squareconnect.com
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set