We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: More interfaces?  (Read 22227 times)

Offline aaronox

• Aaron
Re: More interfaces?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 06:34:37 pm »
I took a break from the Blackberry app, but now I'm playing around with it again.

I tried to use a direct connection to my network, but I'm running into a connection problem.

What format is the blackberry app looking for the connection info in? I've tried the dns name, and it won't connect, and I've tried the direct IP (which will change), and it won't connect.  Also, I'm using a non-standard port, so I have to put that in but it doesn't like it.

Once, I get the connection figured out, is there a way to put in the user account I've added?
Aaron

Offline aaronox

• Aaron
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 07:05:05 pm »
I looked more into the error message I got on the BB.

Looks like the app is using a specific port number. When I forwarded that through my firewall, BINGO!

So, just as confirmation, I need to use a specific port, but just enter my ip or dns name for my router.

Is that correct?
Aaron

Offline aaronox

• Aaron
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 07:10:22 pm »
Just subitted limited character field on IP Address / Domain field on the Blackberry Application.

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=218
Aaron

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 02:23:44 pm »
When you use direct connection you need to have port 3451 go through as far as I know.

Offline aaronox

• Aaron
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 04:46:05 pm »
Yep. It's working for me.

So, for those that are interested...

I am successfully using the BB application.  I have used it through FindVera.com (the default configuration) and I have also successfully used it directly through my firewall.

Pros of using it throug my firewall: It's fast. Much faster than the other way.

Cons: It's opening a hole in the firewall. It's not secure (even states so in the setup)

So, in my opinion, using the default configuration is recommended.
Aaron

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 09:02:10 pm »
What about a Palm Treo interface?
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 04:54:51 pm »
The WAP interface will work for sure (it's text only), and the iPhone interface will probably work as well.  Can you try it out?  findvera.com/iphone

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 05:43:34 pm »
Soon as I get the vera I will try it out. I ordered it on Friday so hopefully it will be shipped next week. It's been an expensive week for home automation. 2 grand in the hole already and more to come!
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline dsample

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 08:58:40 pm »
I'd really like to create some more UIs for mobile devices other than iPhones, including a Nokia N800 interface, but :3451/data_request seems to only output JSON, even when I try telling it to output XML or text.

If you'd open up the subversion server I'm sure there are people on here (myself included) that would help document the system and also contribute to fixing bugs.  At the moment there's not really enough information to go on.

Oh, and I hope the J2ME app source code will be available, I'd like to hack that to make a nicer interface.

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 05:20:26 pm »
Sorry, since we ran into bugs, getting the public svn server online has gotten pushed down on the priorities.  but we will get to it as soon as we get the release version out, hopefully before xmas.