We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: air4vera -- LUUP version released  (Read 15048 times)

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: air4vera -- LUUP version released
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 09:36:50 am »
Sorry, I wasn't clear.  My Alarm panel code exposes a series of MotionSensor1 devices (urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1).  These are effectively like having a number of regular Motion Sensor devices (HSM100, etc) placed all around the house, but they represent Windows, Doors, etc.

I was expecting to see these show up as a Visual indication of activity in a room, much like a HSM100 does in Vera (with an (Arm)/(Bypass) button, and a small Red/Green Dot indicating whether it's "Triggered" status set set or not.

I've attached how these display in Vera, along with how they display in Air4Vera as a reference.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 09:38:04 am »
and the device list in A4V showing the Motion Sensor devices in Vera's list.

Offline chairman_bubba

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 03:39:26 pm »
I did not think you would want to see the sensors in the air app. It is pretty
easy to show them. I will work on it and let you know. They will show up as
separate devices in the room they are assigned to. If you wanted them to be
separate, I suppose you could define a "room" called the alarm panel and they
would all show up there.

I am going to work on the findvera functionality first.

more later.

frank

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 04:03:21 pm »
The various "Zones" of the Alarm panel are created as Child Devices of the Alarm Panel Device.  Each of these Zone devices is equivalent to a motion Sensor, and is marked "embedded=false" (in the Luup API) so they can be placed into the associated rooms.

The Alarm panel itself, along with it's immediate sensors (Armed, Stay-Armed, Breach) are clumped together and marked "embedded=true" (in Luup) so they all display together and yes, I put these into my "Global" room to isolate them somewhat.

It's really the Zone-based "sensors" I'd like to get displayed.  For all intensive purposes, these are the same as the Motion Sensor component of the HSM100 ZWave 3-in-1 device (which is also hiding in the Air4Vera rendition)

Thanks for looking at this.

btw, there's an attribute called "hidden" that folks can use to let the UI layers know to not show a Device (or a Scene).  If people don't want these to render, they can set that to "true"

I am going to work on the findvera functionality first.

that makes sense ;)

Offline LibraSun

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 05:08:28 pm »
Bubba and Guessed, I'm one of those who think there's GOT to be a "best in class" interface, waiting to be discovered, which is somewhere in between Vera's current one and Air4Vera.

I offer as a resource for observation, one of the finer concepts, complete with IF-THEM programming paradigms, expandable device lists, etc.:

http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/isy99_userguide.pdf

Keep up the great work, both of you!!
Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)

Offline stephthegeek

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 03:59:27 am »
I'm brand new to Vera, but just confirmed air4vera is working on Ubuntu 9.04, but gotta run as root.

Offline chairman_bubba

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 11:35:12 am »
Librasun,
When I developed air4vera, the intent was to replace the dashboard with something more  compact.
I never intended to replace the setup portion of the MCV interface. While it is cumbersome, the
setup interface is only used in initial config, while the dashboard interface is something that would be
used everyday. I did not like the scrolling to find things etc. The link you sent me from universal devices,
is mostly about setup. I think we are going to have to look to MCV to improve the setup UI.

By the way, I am on the road this week, but was able to do a little mods on air4vera and wow, I was
able to get in to my home lan with air4vera via findvera.com. This is really cool. I could change a light
on MCV via findvera and see the results in air4vera and vice versa. I should be able to post this later in
the week.

Offline LibraSun

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 05:47:35 pm »
Chairman, I should have been more explicit in what I was trying to get across -- because I think Air4Vera is ideal in both mission and execution!  My point is that Vera's own interface stands to learn a lot from your app's example, and that of the ISY unit mentioned above.

Keep up the great work, and please accept a hearty "thumbs up" from me!  Thanks for all you've done ...
Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)

Offline Henk

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 12:28:25 pm »
Does anyone have an idea if this is still used or not?
Does it add to UI4? (it seems to me this was developed during UI2 being in use)
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline chairman_bubba

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:35 pm »
It's way out of date. Square connect obsoleted it.

Offline Henk

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »
Maybe you can lock it then Chairman?
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 02:32:11 am »
This thread has some very useful information in it.....I am going through it to get ideas for my own UI I am working on. I am new to forums....if it is locked will I loose the ability to read through it?
Regards
Tim

Offline Henk

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »
This thread has some very useful information in it.....I am going through it to get ideas for my own UI I am working on. I am new to forums....if it is locked will I loose the ability to read through it?
Regards
Tim

@TimAlls, the information will be preserved. Just nothing can be added onto it since its more or less obsolete.
Thats all

Henk