We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: local control of zwave plug-in lamp modules  (Read 2047 times)

Offline gardner

local control of zwave plug-in lamp modules
« on: June 13, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »
The X10 lamp modules have a useful feature where if they sense that the load is disconnected and reconnected they switch automatically to the "on" mode. This means that you can have the module behind a piece of furniture and you can still switch on a lamp connected to it by cycling the lamp's switch.

I can't tell if any of the zwave modules have an analogous feature. Does anyone have any insight into that? I have a home-manageables lamp module that came with a starter-kit, but it was DOA from day one so I am unsure if it would or would-not have worked this way. If any modules explicitly have this feature I'd be grateful for pointers.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: local control of zwave plug-in lamp modules
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:41:04 am »
Some, though not all, Z-Wave lamp dimmer modules have the Load Sensing feature. Note that it is the dimmers that have it, NOT the On/Off lamp/appliance modules.

The GE 45602 Lamp Dimmer Module has this feature and it is possible/probable that the newer GE 12718 Lamp Module with Dimmer Control does too. But I am not certain about the 12718.

Linear/GoControl PD300Z-2 Plug-in Dimmer Module.

Cooper Wiring Devices RFLDM 300W Lamp Dimming Control Plug-In Module

Leviton VRP03-1LW Vizia RF + 300W Scene Capable Plug-In Lamp Dimming Module - Linked price is ridiculous.

Offline gardner

Re: local control of zwave plug-in lamp modules
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:51:12 pm »
Excellent information.  Thank you.

Offline ndoggac

• Sr. Newbie