Author Topic: Run Scene *AND* Change the Page?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline JeepGoesBeep

• Sr. Newbie
Run Scene *AND* Change the Page?
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:36:26 pm »

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to run a scene AND  change the page to something that matches the scene...say for instance I hit the button for the scene to turn on music mode in the living room and imperihome runs the scene then changes to the page that has my volume, playlists, etc (those are scenes also)

Thanks for a great interface btw. Buying the pro was a no brainer after trying it out.

Offline niharmehta

Re: Run Scene *AND* Change the Page?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 03:51:18 pm »
I would like this feature as well.  The use cases I have is  firing off a AV scene and launching an app at the same time to control the AV.  The other use case is having a composite security device that displays status, that when tapped jumps to the security dashboard.

2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline hhg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 05:58:37 pm »
The other use case is having a composite security device that displays status, that when tapped jumps to the security dashboard.
+1
That would be a great feature.

Thanks for a wonderful application

Offline ImperiHome

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 05:43:17 am »
Thanks a lot; indeed, that is a very relevant use case.

We'll look into this. Thinking about this no more than 2 minutes, there are 2 different approaches :
* ImperiHome could chain actions (configurable from the widget)
* or The Vera could be able to control pages changes (and other things such as wake up) using an API exposed by ImperiHome. As such, this wold be the scene itself that would trigger page changes)

The 2nd one is more generic but a bit tricky (for example if there are multiple tablets : how does the Vera know which one to apply the page change to ? etc...)

What do you think about that ?

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:36 am »
I think the chain action option is probably the easiest way to implement a multiple action scenario such as described earlier (AV and Security) . 
I have to think about the second option.  At first glance, this is powerful as tablets could change their identity based on scenes (pretty cool).  I do use multiple tablets so some way to determine which one to change would be helpful. 

Thinking of it some more, I also thought it may be helpful that in the case of a composite security device, if you could display on the icon (if triggered) the offending device. So at a glance I can find out which door/window/motion was tripped without touching the screen.
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;