We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro Smoke Detector (FIB_FGSS-001)  (Read 77132 times)

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
Fibaro Smoke Detector (FIB_FGSS-001)
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:59:53 am »
HI all, I have pre-ordered 3 Fibaro smoke detectors. I am very curious if they will work with the vera!  ::)
I will post the results here asap.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: Fibaro Smoke Detector (FIB_FGSS-001)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »
Any word on when they will ship?

I've just looked over the specs, and it has some nice features like adjustable sensitivity.  No more false alarms from the kitchen :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »
January
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline capjay

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:23:57 am »
looking forward to hear about your experience with these. Great to have a good alternative to Nest Protect ..

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:08:08 am »
And here is my first impression.

It's small! Really small! Like a mini mouse for a laptop. It feels strong and solid. Only thing that is a bit annoying is that the only button on the device doesn't really have a "clicking" button. SO when including a have to press it, it is hard to feel and I want to press harder due to no good response of that button.

Include. Putting vera in inclusion mode. This is easy and do it regularly (for other devices). But... first time, smoke detector is not seen by vera! I click an click and click... nothing... again... yes! device recognised. And it pops up as a motion sensor. "Waiting for wakeup to configure device".

Now, the same thing needs to be done... pressing the button 3 times (?) to wakeup. And again nothing hapenned... and nothing keeps happening... untill I pres the button longer (2-3-4 seconds) the light starts to blink red few times and orange few times.... but nothing happens in Vera. What was that? It was a "menu".

OK. Reset the detector following the manual... press B button 3 sec, wait for yellow light and press B again.

Then... battery out an in and press B buton 1 time... (this seems to disable the auto inclusion setting (?). Then again include it in vera again... now succesfull. But still "waiting for wakeup to configure device". Thus pressing the B button 3 times again. Yes... now going into "failed at: getting the version". And stuck again...

Next thing... replace the xml with a smoke detectors one (D_SmokeSensor1.xml).

Unit busy.... Loading data... yellow screen taking longer to reload... pressing "try again" and again... what is wrong suddenly with my vera just by adding a device!?

Reboot the vera (power off and on) again yellow screen... but then it comes up again.

It's still a motion sensor... and pressing the B button 3 times shows up as:
Getting name: ok
Getting loacation: ok
Failed at: Getting the version...

Again try to change the "D_SmokeSensor1.xml" Icon changed. But still failed at: getting the version...

so no succes....

Logged a support ticket a MCV.

UPDATE: If smoke is detected, the fibaro starts a long beep. But there is no trip or whatever action sent to Vera...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:13:00 pm by SanderL »

Offline capjay

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 06:14:47 pm »
so no succes....

Logged a support ticket a MCV.

UPDATE: If smoke is detected, the fibaro starts a long beep. But there is no trip or whatever action sent to Vera...

Did you try leaving Vera next to the sensor for a while until it configures? If Vera is too far from the sensor it may lead to configuration errors. Since Vera didn't complete the configuration, it is expected that you won't get a trip on Vera if the sensor trips.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 01:26:43 am »
Yes I did... if I poll it also works.  And I can also wake it up and then vera checks / configures it again

Offline blindeboom

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:13 am »
Hello,

I exactly have the same result with my vera lite as SanderL. Has anyone got the fibaro to work with his/her Vera lite?
I also sent a ticket to support and my supplier (Robbshop) will try if he will get it to work.

Regards BArt

Offline capjay

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:47:02 am »
I would open a support ticket with both MCV and Fibaro ..

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:01:36 am »
I have contacted MCV. They suggest to press the B button 3ore times. I responded back that makes no difference. (It turns blue waiting for wakeup after a while). I also already mailed to Fibaro support. Also awaiting.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:51:55 am »
This is the answer of fibaro: Dear Sir

Yes, Vera3 has an bug with class version2. 
They fix it but in beta. So you have two options :

1. Wait for stabile vera soft
2. Install beta an use Fibaro Smoke Sensor.

Offline ntk

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 12:35:11 pm »
where can i download the beta?

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »
We don't know. That is something that fibaro said. Several people including me have raised support cases and are awaiting a solution.  A solution could be a new (beta) firmware.

Offline ntk

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:37 pm »
thanks i also send them an email now

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 01:00:58 pm »
Submit a ticket from you vera (account - tech support)