We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Controlling an electric kettle by Z-wave  (Read 12822 times)

Offline mickesanda

Re: Controlling an electric kettle by Z-wave
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 12:08:51 pm »
Hi Casmo,
I bought a combo, the new smarter coffee and the new iKettle 2.0. I can say that the quality is better than the iKettle 1.0, they seem to work in the same way as the old iKettle, but they have different set of strings. The iKettle app for Vera does not detect the new one.
It would be nice if konradwalsh could pdate the app, but I guess he'd have to order the new iKettle first :-)
/Mike
VeraPlus UI7 1.7.4001, RFXTRX, 2 x HarmonyHub, HA-Bridge, 6 x Amazon Echo, Google Home, Fibaro dimmers and switches, Swiid, Ring DoorBell & cameras, Sonos, Yale Doorman, iKettle2.0 & Smarter Coffee, DSC 1616 with EVL3

Offline casmo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 11:57:09 am »
Are you using android or IOS? I've read that android app does not currently work well at all. I'd really like to take advantage of the 'formula' mode.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 06:11:15 pm »
Are you using android or IOS? I've read that android app does not currently work well at all. I'd really like to take advantage of the 'formula' mode.

yes. I just received it yesterday..
and yes the android app is crap and DOES not work..
However, I have a custom app made by Ian Kent that built and compiled from his source codehttps://github.com/ian-kent/ikettle2

I will work on the app this coming week

Offline mickesanda

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2016, 02:15:51 am »
Thank you konradwalsh for the time you're putting into this project. I am using the IOS app and it works OK. The only thing I dislike is that the machines are resetting themselves each time you disconnect them from the outlet and the open WiFi is visible again.
The quality of the iKettle 2 is a bit better than the previous, my wife complains she can't see how much water is left. The coffee maker's quality is like the iKettle 1.0. It complains about "no carafe" almost each time and you can press a little switch a few times and it goes away.
But... we gadget-addicts will happily endure all this because they have an app :-)
Looking forward to the new plugin konrad
/Mike
VeraPlus UI7 1.7.4001, RFXTRX, 2 x HarmonyHub, HA-Bridge, 6 x Amazon Echo, Google Home, Fibaro dimmers and switches, Swiid, Ring DoorBell & cameras, Sonos, Yale Doorman, iKettle2.0 & Smarter Coffee, DSC 1616 with EVL3

Offline casmo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 07:59:54 am »
Hi,

Just curious if there have been any developments around controlling the 2.0 iKettle? And in general, how have people getting on with the unit? I'm hoping that the lid
doesn't fall apart like it did on the old one..