Author Topic: PLTS Basics - An Introduction to the Program Logic Timer Switch  (Read 15530 times)

Offline tomgru

Re: PLTS Basics - An Introduction to the Program Logic Timer Switch
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 12:01:38 am »
I used the example to create a motion activated light, that goes off if no motion detected after a certain interval.  Unfortunately, the space (garage) is two levels, and if you were upstairs, the lower motion detector wouldn't see you, and the lights would go off.  So today I added another motion detector on the upper level, and can't seem to get it to work.  either detector will turn the lights on when there is motion... but I can't seem to get them to reset.  The are supposed to reset internally after 4 minutes, so I made sure my interval was longer than that (8 min). 

I SWEAR I saw this exact example somewhere, but now I cant' find it.  Can you take a look at my status (attached) and tell me if i'm missing something?

thanks.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2014, 03:08:33 am »
I used the example to create a motion activated light, that goes off if no motion detected after a certain interval.  Unfortunately, the space (garage) is two levels, and if you were upstairs, the lower motion detector wouldn't see you, and the lights would go off.  So today I added another motion detector on the upper level, and can't seem to get it to work.  either detector will turn the lights on when there is motion... but I can't seem to get them to reset.  The are supposed to reset internally after 4 minutes, so I made sure my interval was longer than that (8 min). 

I SWEAR I saw this exact example somewhere, but now I cant' find it.  Can you take a look at my status (attached) and tell me if i'm missing something?

thanks.

You really want the sensors to reset as quickly as possible. You should be able to see on the PLTS Status report how long they take. You may get better results if you set Repeats on for the Restart Condition.

Offline 9ixxerLee

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 09:03:16 pm »
Hi Richard,

Please find attached PLTS report.

What i would like is to have the light to stay on in event i need to use the area longer and the reoccur motion does not restart the timer in some way (crappy battery operated sensor), Please advise is there any better way to achieve the light stay ON on demand in PLTS?

I used PLEG before on this, but i found that the timing seems to extend the turn off timing every time motion is detected.

Thanks

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 09:22:37 am »
You either need to finish your logic or trim it down to what you want to control, getting it working, and then expand it. Some observations:
1) Actions On and Off are not defined by the Conditions.
2) Conditions Trigger and Restart seem to be the same so whatever Action you define for these could both execute at the same time. These could undo each other.
3) Triggers NighModeOnly and WeeHours seem to be the same just said differently.  Perhaps you need a Schedule to define WeeHours like after midnight and before 5 am (or whatever you think are the wee hours). Then you can set different Conditions for NightModeOnly and WeeHours to execute different Actions.

But I am only guessing at what you are trying to do since your status report does not match your stated goal.

I have not used PTLS but I think it can be done in PLEG.  There are motion triggers lighting event examples in this document: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline 9ixxerLee

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 09:41:35 am »
You either need to finish your logic or trim it down to what you want to control, getting it working, and then expand it. Some observations:
1) Actions On and Off are not defined by the Conditions.
2) Conditions Trigger and Restart seem to be the same so whatever Action you define for these could both execute at the same time. These could undo each other.
3) Triggers NighModeOnly and WeeHours seem to be the same just said differently.  Perhaps you need a Schedule to define WeeHours like after midnight and before 5 am (or whatever you think are the wee hours). Then you can set different Conditions for NightModeOnly and WeeHours to execute different Actions.

But I am only guessing at what you are trying to do since your status report does not match your stated goal.

I have not used PTLS but I think it can be done in PLEG.  There are motion triggers lighting event examples in this document: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html
Hi Don.
Thanks for the feedback.
My present PLTS work well for me as 2 condition of night which is when my system is armed for night mode and the other physically is night time. reason being I have no control on timing and I don't want the light to activate by motion when it is night time.

This PLTS act as a walk in light to kitchen when in dark only for a minute for a quick snack or so.

once this PLTS runs the crappy sensor don't pick up motion well to restart the timer. that why I am asking if I can have suggestion on how I can make the light to start longer in event I might need to be in the kitchen for a longer period time.

Hope I explained my query well enough.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk