Author Topic: Just ordered my vera  (Read 7478 times)

Offline gsg5

• Sr. Newbie
Just ordered my vera
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:29:34 pm »
I just ordered my vera. I hope that micasaverde is well funded. Looking forward to the IR and iphone interfaces.

Offline nolos

Re: Just ordered my vera
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:02:02 pm »
Im looking forward to the iPhone interface as well.  How do we get it?

Offline micasaverde

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:14:50 am »
Im looking forward to the iPhone interface as well.  How do we get it?

Go to findvera.com/mo  (mo=mobile).  Click the iPhone link and login with your findvera password.  You can also access it from within the local network by: http://[ip of vera]:3451/iphone

try from your Iphone: http://testvera.micasaverde.com:3451/iphone

Note the iphone interface is still a work in progress.

Offline nolos

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:55:08 am »
So it's not an application?  It a web page to go to that is set up for specifically for the iPhone?  ohhhhhhhhhhhh.  I guess I missunderstood.  Hope everything loads fast.  One of the main reasons I bought it was because the Homeseer I had didn't this iPhone app.  They made it available to access it from a web page but it was slow and not worth trying to use it as a primary remote.  Is there going to be a favorites tab for the common scenes?  Like "Watch movie" or "I'm Home"?

Offline ultra

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:24:23 am »
what about the page makes it specifically for iphone?  i'm not very familiar with the device, but i would assume it could then be loaded into any web browser?  possibly just some reformatting would be necessary.

Offline nolos

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:31:30 am »
They have another site to go to for other browsers....I think.  There are certain styles and special buttons for the iPhone that aren't meant for other mobile phones.  As far as I understand, there you can goto the same site and NOT click the iPhone link and access it from another mobile device.  I also think you can goto findvera.com (notice I left out the "mo") and it is setup for regular browsing.

Offline micasaverde

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 11:30:46 pm »
We're working a native iPhone app.  It is mandatory when we get into I/R control, and, yes, it's faster and eliminates page loading.  The current iPhone interface is a work in progress as you'll see.