Author Topic: The upcoming UI6 (1.6.x) release  (Read 72846 times)

Offline micasaverde

• Administrator
The upcoming UI6 (1.6.x) release
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:10 am »
I wanted to quickly respond to the thread and comments about the UI6 release (1.6.633).  We have a new UI, and we wanted to release it to our beta tester community last month, and then make it a public beta in the forum before the holidays.  Unfortunately, we ran into some issues, which were fixed around December 19.  However all of our development staff, and much the tech support staff, had a 2 week vacation around Christmas and New Years, so we postponed it.  We didn't want to offer a new firmware that hadn't been thoroughly tested, and then have everybody go away on vacation, unable to support it.  We will be releasing it to the beta testers next week, and make it a public beta a week or two after that once we're sure there's no major bugs.

At the same time that we intended to give it to the beta testers, we also loaded UI6 on a handful of units that were sent to some key dealers to get their feedback on the design.  There was a mixup and a couple of the units got shipped to end users.  So, yes, it was a result of human error that someone on the forum got a Vera with UI6, but without the quickstart guide to match.  We're trying to sort out how that happened now.

In the meantime,  please be patient and give us a few more days to test it and release it to the beta testers.  And don't think that we intentionally released it and left the Vera community in the dark about UI6.  We posted an announcement in the forum a few weeks ago that UI6 was coming, but it was a mistake that it got "in the wild" before we were ready.

Thank you for your understanding.  We will have more details and screenshots very soon.

Offline sossienl

• Nothing to say. In The background
Re: The upcoming UI6 (1.6.x) release
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 02:53:39 am »
Thanks for this much needed update! Good luck the next couple of days to prepare the beta

Offline Mobilniy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:28 am »
Unfortunately, we ran into some issues, which were fixed around December 19.
Thank you for your explanation. I'm using a Vera Lite and Lua engine getting stuck with an infinite loop on this leaked firmware.

Offline HouseBot

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:22:29 am »
Great News!!!  8)

Offline mfp

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 04:24:06 am »
Thanks MicaVerde for this information.

Please post news like this more often on this forum.

We are all interested in developments, like new firmwares, new devices supported, future services, hardware plans and releases, etc

I prefer some communication with a disclaimer in regard to ambitions and timescale above no communication at all.

I do understand that ambition (like the new hardwarnnouncement last year) sometimes does not get realized and that re-planning is needed, I can live with that.

Offline mikewooduk

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:01:10 am »
This is brilliant news, however will it support Vera II units or should I buy Vera 3 or wait for Vera Pro?

Many thanks,

Mike

Offline svaleb

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 06:10:42 am »
Thank you MCV
Very nice to see something in writing from you, and that you take hand of the situation.
Thanks for the information.
Regards
          CE

macrho

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:17 am »
Kudos for the information, please keep it up

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:01:29 am »
Micasaverde, thank you for the update. Will this new release provide support for the First Alert ZCombo Smoke /CO Detector?

Offline chixxi

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 09:10:47 am »
Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for this official information! I wish we would get news like this more frequent.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 09:13:33 am »
This is the kind of post I want to see! Factual and official information and explanations. Thanks for explaining the stealth upgrade, this was my greatest worry.

There is an Official Announcements topic at the top of the forum. It hasn't had a post for almost one year. I encourage MCV to exercise it with more posts like this one.

Offline Tank

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 09:23:25 am »
Thank you for the information.  I agree with everyone here, it was pleasant to get a real update from an employee.

Even if an update isn't weeks away it would still be nice to hear from the MCV staff a couple times a month.  You guys don't have to wait for major announcements to post here, just stop in to say hi once in a while.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 09:40:36 am »
Wowzers! This update immediately disarms me... can there be possibly be an update on http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes to reflect the updates? E.g. will the fibaro smoke detector be supported (class 2 bug resolved)?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 11:03:18 am »
I got word from MCV that UI6 will be the current release in the next coming weeks. It will be a cross between UI5 and UI7. UI7 will be released sometime in the spring. Not sure what the features / updates will entail for UI6. UI7 will be a full UI change.

- Garrett

Offline Skaven

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 11:08:20 am »

I got word from MCV that UI6 will be the current release in the next coming weeks. It will be a cross between UI5 and UI7. UI7 will be released sometime in the spring. Not sure what the features / updates will entail for UI6. UI7 will be a full UI change.

- Garrett
do u known if 3G is coming in ui6?

// Sorry about my spelling I'm dyslexic and so you know all translations is translate by Google translate so don't complain about my English spelling \
// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //