Author Topic: The upcoming UI6 (1.6.x) release  (Read 73074 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: The upcoming UI6 (1.6.x) release
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 11:10:10 am »

I got word from MCV that UI6 will be the current release in the next coming weeks. It will be a cross between UI5 and UI7. UI7 will be released sometime in the spring. Not sure what the features / updates will entail for UI6. UI7 will be a full UI change.

- Garrett
do u known if 3G is coming in ui6?

// Sorry about my spelling I'm dyslexic and so you know all translations is translate by Google translate so don't complain about my English spelling \

Do not worry about it. I do not know. I do not know the specific details of UI6 or UI7. Just wanted to let others know that UI6 will be a hybrid between UI5 and UI7 and not to get their hopes up of a major change in firmware.

- Garrett

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »
now.

We posted an announcement in the forum a few weeks ago that UI6 was coming, but it was a mistake that it got "in the wild" before we were ready.

Where was this posted? Anybody? I would have thought that this information would be a hot topic seeing as feedback from MCV is so sorely lacking.

Edit: just checked....definitely nothing in the official announcement s section
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:58:08 pm by baxy_AU »

Offline svaleb

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:48 pm »
@baxy_AU

Good you picked it up.
I was wondering how I could have missed it.
And not seen any comments.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:42 pm »
[...]In the past year, we HAVE developed two new UI's, [...]

Anyway, we have decide we can't keep stalling and leave the Vera community with UI5.  We have been having internal meetings specifically about this thread and have decided we have to push one of the new user experiences out this year no matter what, [...]

now.

We posted an announcement in the forum a few weeks ago that UI6 was coming, but it was a mistake that it got "in the wild" before we were ready.

Where was this posted? Anybody? I would have thought that this information would be a hot topic seeing as feedback from MCV is so sorely lacking.

Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline micasaverde

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 08:05:50 pm »
The new release supports 3g data backup, and also the new version of hte command class for Fibaro and new Aeon sensors.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »
@micasaverde - Such a tease.

Offline Javelin

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 12:30:29 am »
The new release supports 3g data backup, and also the new version of hte command class for Fibaro and new Aeon sensors.

Mind discribing the new HTE command class how does this benefit the end user?

Excited to test the new build, hopefully not to many plugins break or can at-least revert to a previous firmware and backup?

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 01:13:10 am »

Mind discribing the new HTE command class how does this benefit the end user?

Excited to test the new build, hopefully not to many plugins break or can at-least revert to a previous firmware and backup?

Indeed. Wil this support the fibaro smoke sensors then? I have connected fibaro to mcv.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline parkerc

• Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
    • Node Central
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 02:41:14 am »
I got word from MCV that UI6 will be the current release in the next coming weeks. It will be a cross between UI5 and UI7. UI7 will be released sometime in the spring. Not sure what the features / updates will entail for UI6. UI7 will be a full UI change.

- Garrett

Thanks @miasaverde & Garrett for the update.

Reading between the lines (although it may have already been said directly somewhere and I missed it) . If UI7 is a full change, can it be officially confirmed that  there will be new hardware (e.g Vera 4 etc.) to help leverage/support the new code set etc. (ETA spring 2014)

I don't think I'm alone in looking to do a hardware upgrade at some point this year,
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:42:49 am by parkerc »

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 03:13:03 am »
Nv
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:22:38 am by baxy_AU »

Offline Skaven

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 03:40:27 am »
I hope next Vera is going to support ups integration I mean if power go then it starts to run on the inbuilt battery perfekt if running ower 3g and hope the can fix so it can send SMS notifications from 3G to then the limit 1 SMS per day from getvera is not a problem eny Moore and itleast add 1 more USB port and a removable anteena

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9300  4

// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //

andreimios

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 03:44:15 am »
now.

You are right, this was not made in the official announcement's section, it was made in a highly debated topic at that moment : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16777.msg134227.html#msg134227
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:17:29 am by oTi@ »

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 03:50:42 am »
I hope next Vera is going to support ups integration I mean if power go then it starts to run on the inbuilt battery perfekt if running ower 3g and hope the can fix so it can send SMS notifications from 3G to then the limit 1 SMS per day from getvera is not a problem eny Moore and itleast add 1 more USB port and a removable anteena

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9300  4

Vera Lite can not use the built in battery for battery backup. You will need to use a separate UPS and find a way to integrate that into Vera. Some discussions have already been on going about this. If you want an additional usb port, than Vera 3 is your only option. For external antenna, you might want to search the forum for "antenna mod".

- Garrett

Offline Skaven

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 03:56:05 am »

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9300  4

Vera Lite can not use the built in battery for battery backup. You will need to use a separate UPS and find a way to integrate that into Vera. Some discussions have already been on going about this. If you want an additional usb port, than Vera 3 is your only option. For external antenna, you might want to search the forum for "antenna mod".

- Garrett

I'm a Vera 3 user I'm talking about next hardware Vera box

Skickat fr?n min GT-I9300  4

// Sorry About My Spelling I?m Dyslectic //

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
    • House Of Yu
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:37 am »
i have the new firmware file, can i just install this on my vera 3 lite ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:06:39 am by oTi@ »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl