We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Multiswitch ?  (Read 10832 times)

guest140520

Re: Multiswitch ?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 11:09:14 am »
But you can't use this for status information.

Looking forward to the update and the use of single buttons with Multiswitch.   

Offline huveu

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 11:32:34 am »

But you can't use this for status information.

Looking forward to the update and the use of single buttons with Multiswitch.

See the last sentence in my post

guest140520

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 04:30:08 pm »
Sorry but I doubt you can do it with luup and Homewave.

Offline huveu

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 07:06:08 pm »
Sorry but I doubt you can do it with luup and Homewave.

The "multi value display" control built into homewave lets you read whatever values you want from a device. You just pick any three that you want and get their status. Then, add a scene for each button you want to toggle with the code I posted.

See the attached image for a partial homewave screenshot.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 08:21:22 am »
I just had a thought about MS in HW--this is a mock-up of the utopian implementation, for me, so take that for whatever it's worth. I have 5 radio switches (boxed in red on the UI screen shot) that serve as selections for my home mode. The "rose" functionality would be perfect for my use of the MultiSwitch. I'd love to have a single HomeWave control from which I could select those. The value in the center of the button is the current selection (which is actually wrong on my mock-up, because it should be "away" as shown in the UI).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:23:05 am by DeltaNu1142 »
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline intveltr

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 05:33:24 am »
It's a nice idea, but requires some extra work.  At the moment I do not interpret the Multiswitch configuration; each button simply acts to send a command to Multiswitch and HomeWave then relies on the plugin to send back the new correct state for each button, without having to know if it's part of a radio group or not.  If there is time to add it in this release, I will do so.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 06:15:38 am »
Understood, thanks.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

guest140520

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 02:04:36 pm »
... At the moment I do not interpret the Multiswitch configuration; each button simply acts to send a command to Multiswitch and HomeWave then relies on the plugin to send back the new correct state for each button, without having to know if it's part of a radio group or not.  ...
Does this mean we can have individual switches on HomeWave referring to one of the switches of MultiSwitch?

Offline mda

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 05:35:45 pm »
Probably end of April.  The multiswitch stuff is already in, right now I am moving the app settings from the Settings app into HomeWave itself.  It's a lot of work but necessary to support UI6 (and support more than 2 Veras).  Then I have to do the UI6 support.

@intveltr would it be possible to get an interim release or ad-hoc sooner that supports multiswitch, without waiting for multiple veras or UI6 support (i am on UI5, where i plan to stay until UI 7.1-ish ) -- I am just trying to dig myself out of the hole i created with my wife by moving to multiswitch a month ago ;)

Thanks

Offline huveu

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 06:53:53 pm »
Probably end of April.  The multiswitch stuff is already in, right now I am moving the app settings from the Settings app into HomeWave itself.  It's a lot of work but necessary to support UI6 (and support more than 2 Veras).  Then I have to do the UI6 support.

@intveltr would it be possible to get an interim release or ad-hoc sooner that supports multiswitch, without waiting for multiple veras or UI6 support (i am on UI5, where i plan to stay until UI 7.1-ish ) -- I am just trying to dig myself out of the hole i created with my wife by moving to multiswitch a month ago ;)

Thanks

Did you see my posts about the workaround? I know it's not optimal, but it should be good enough until the next release.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »
Patience is a virtue!  But seriously, please be patient with intveltr. He already acknowledged that it will be in the next release. But stopping what he is doing to provide another release to satisfy a few users would cause delays on the other release. Also sometimes putting out another small release may not be a quick task. Code development takes time and work. Also understand that he and others who contribute have full time jobs and lives that need attending to. I am sure when he is finished and released, it will be worth the wait.

- Garrett

Offline huveu

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 10:27:08 pm »
Patience is a virtue!  But seriously, please be patient with intveltr. He already acknowledged that it will be in the next release. But stopping what he is doing to provide another release to satisfy a few users would cause delays on the other release. Also sometimes putting out another small release may not be a quick task. Code development takes time and work. Also understand that he and others who contribute have full time jobs and lives that need attending to. I am sure when he is finished and released, it will be worth the wait.

- Garrett

Thumbs up from another software developer  :)