Author Topic: Foscam FI9821W - Support & How-To  (Read 54179 times)

Offline pmusselman

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Foscam FI9821W - Support & How-To
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2015, 03:59:16 pm »
@kendad

I had a similar issue with 1 of the 4 Foscam FI9821W but all were wireless.  Turns out the camera that had the Not Connected issue was that the Foscam firmware needed updating.  The other 3 cameras had the correct firmware but the 4th was a few versions behind.  Hope it helps.

Offline al101uk

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2015, 04:25:33 pm »
Kendad,

I'm not sure what happened but the issue seems to have resolved itself... I read a few things which I tried and I changed one additional setting, any of which could have something to do with the fix, but I'm not sure if it was something I did or just a temporary blip. Anyway, for what it's worth here are the things I've been trying over the last 24 hours or so:

1) I changed the Modesetting from "1:;2:;3:;4:" to "1:A;2:A;3:A;4:A" in Variables (must have missed this originally)
2) I rebooted my router because I was having issues getting to the routers config page
3) While on the config page I added a DHCP reservation for the camera, the IP was fixed,but I've been messing around so decided to apply this.
4) I disabled UPnP and DDNS on the camera
5) Finally I moved to a wired connection.

The camera has been left alone for the last 24 hours and suddenly it's pinged in to life, I finally, for the first time, have "Your installation is OK" in Vera, the camera shows in the dashboard, with thumbnail, it shows correctly but with thumbnail in devices and shows correctly with thumbnail and able to live stream with pan and tilt correctly from "Cameras". I can also see it with no issues from my phone.

I'd love to have a fix, but I guess it's worth knowing that some changes may take a while (DHCP leases?) to take effect and kick in on the Vera.

Then again, this may be temporary... we'll see.

I'm using a Virgin Media Superhub with the Foscam connected directly too it, although my wireless tends to be through a few Apple Airport Express's I have dotted around the place. I think I have enough evidence to suggest that the camera, Vera, your router, the sun, the moon and the stars all have to align correctly for this thing to work properly and as the cameras final location isn't near a wired connection I'm not quite there yet.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:29:47 pm by al101uk »

Offline al101uk

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2015, 06:38:31 pm »
Confirmed Wifi issue, as soon as I disconnected and reconfigured for wifi I got the same problems back  >:(

Camera back to being slightly intermittent, permanently showing as not connected on Vera, not accessible by phone... so frustrating.

Offline Totalremote

• Sr. Newbie
    • Domotica store
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2016, 04:21:55 am »
Great post with tons of helpful info!

I've got a Foscam 9831 camera that's working fine in Vera - pics, live video & PTZ. I have setup alerts so the cam will take a pic when the front door is opened and that works well.

What I can't get working is for the cam to take a video clip (10 or 20 seconds).  I opened a case with Vera tech support and after a week, they ultimately said they couldn't provide a solution, and suggested I try this forum!

I suspect it has something to do with the CGI URL setup because it is set for snapicture only as shown below.
   /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=<username>&pwd=<password>
The Foscam website has another URL that has MPG stream variables instead of snapPicture but I don't know how to integrate that URL and its variables.  I also called Foscam but they couldn't help and deferred me back to Vera.

Has anyone gotten the video record function working in Vera?  If so, can you share your configuration please?

Please tell me how you  got the Foscam 9831 to work in Vera.
Maurice
Vera Edge - 3 Fibaro Motion sensors - 2 Fibaro Door Sensors - 3 Fibaro Dimmer 2 - 1 Fibaro relay Switch - 1 Zipato Keypad - 3 Fibaro Wall Plugs - 1 Keyfob - 2 NodOn. More to come

Offline Halloween

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2016, 02:11:06 pm »
Just two tips if someone else is looking for this:
1. The zip file (mentioned in step 1) does not show up unless you are logged in.
2. The "upload" portion is not using ftp/sftp or anything similar, it is using the menus.

:-)

Offline bryanchr13

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2016, 12:11:25 pm »
Hello,

Looking for a little help with my Foscam FI8916W setup.  I have followed the steps on this forum and installed the plugins, and tried to setup the camera.  Should I be using the plugins on this message thread (only for other foscams)?

When I click the "Test" button when installing the camera is prompts me for authentication details  (user / pass). I checked the IP address that issues the request and it appears to be the VERA controller itself.   

I have tried multiple camera URL's, most of which fail. The ones that appear successful ask for authentication details in my browser. Neither the camera credentials or my vera info will get me past this pop up screen to complete the install.

Any tips or suggestions?  Thanks

Foscam FI8916W   Firmware = 11.37.2.54
VERA Firmware = 1.7.2139

Offline nivaspin

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2016, 08:49:04 am »
for me to get this working, i had to use the IP of my vera instead of https://fwd2.mios.com.

local IP allowed vera to see my foscam cameras.
This really worked for me. I was trying all the while to install from https://fwd2.mios.com without success. Prior to this I had all the plugins for my Foscam FI9821w installed. Thank You.

Offline bryanchr13

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2016, 10:56:38 pm »
Are you able to provide the URL that worked for you? (minus your specific details obviously)

Thanks !

Offline robw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2016, 02:41:55 pm »
I used to have this working, but after bricking my Vera Light, the latest firmware 1.7.2139 - it doesn't seem to be so easy to follow these steps - for starters - you have to install generic IP camera and wait 6 minutes for it not to find it - before getting to the stage of adding the IP address etc - which then no longer works for me.
I get a message to say cannot connect and will not let me proceed. :-(

Offline parkerc

• Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
    • Node Central
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2017, 09:42:04 am »
Hi All

I have a FI9821EP and for the life of me cannot get it to appear via the "Add Camera" option under UI7

I can confirm that these two URLs work in the browser, but Vera will not accept them as being valid (so it will not show the snapshot image during the manual set up)  - I can only assume that's due to some rule it has within the set up/test process.

Snapshot

http://192.168.1.170:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=username&pwd=password

Motion/Video

http://192.168.1.170:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=username&pwd=password

A number of suggestions have been made, do people have a clear idea on what the best route is now for this make/model of camera ?
(Sadly the wiki is no help  http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/IP_Cameras)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:45:59 am by parkerc »

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2017, 07:21:55 pm »
A lot of people use Blue Iris. You can mix and match a lot of cameras on it and the interface to Vera is consistent.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.