Author Topic: Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor  (Read 46270 times)

Offline skyjumper

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2016, 11:40:38 pm »
Okay I take it back, I was able to remove and re-add the device, using the buttons on the Vera. But any idea why the device vanished after I reconfigured it?

Update: Turns out, just changing the first three parameters causes it to disappear...   ???
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:51:26 pm by skyjumper »

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2016, 11:31:31 am »
I have had my tilt sensor working for more than a year now, and it doesn't take more than 1 false trip to make me uncomfortable with relying on this sensor. I had a setup that would close the garage door (I'm using the garage door plugin) if it was open and UI7 went to night mode. I woke to the sound of the opener 2 nights ago and saw that a false open indication caused the system to trigger the door, which actually opened the door rather than closing it.

Some investigation on this thread led me to check my garage door top panel rollers. I found that the top panel had a little bit of play that would allow the wind to rock the panel slightly. Today I adjusted the upper rollers to take the slop out of the top panel and now it rests pretty solid against the door frame when closed. I think this will eliminate any false alarms, but if it doesn't I'll report back any new findings.

Offline skyjumper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2016, 12:02:18 pm »
Some investigation on this thread led me to check my garage door top panel rollers. I found that the top panel had a little bit of play that would allow the wind to rock the panel slightly. Today I adjusted the upper rollers to take the slop out of the top panel and now it rests pretty solid against the door frame when closed. I think this will eliminate any false alarms, but if it doesn't I'll report back any new findings.

I'm thinking the better way to go is with a magnetic reed switch type sensor.

Offline skyjumper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »
I have this device sitting on a table, not far from my Vera Lite, and it seems to work fine for maybe a day. Then, the Vera UI says "Can't Detect Device." Restarting Vera Lite seems to correct the problem. Any ideas?  Perhaps I need to shorten the wakeup interval? It's reporting battery at 99%, for what that's worth.

Offline BlackMammoth

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2016, 05:49:09 pm »
I have two of these sensors and since moving to UI7 I can't get them to work unless I leave as "Motion Detectors" which Vera apparently thinks they are. If I change the parameters as detailed earlier in the thread they stop reporting and are constantly listed as "Waiting for wakeup to configure device..."
"

Offline acowx

« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2016, 02:28:07 pm »
I am in the same position, Ecolink Tilt Sensor on UI7 appears as motion-sensor and doesn't report open/closed status like a door sensor would.

Updating the device config per the previous posts made the sensor disappear from the dashboard, curiously I still see security alerts from the sensor on the dashboard though

Any ideas ?

Offline acowx

« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2016, 02:44:34 pm »
Hold that thought

I just updated to the lasted UI7 firmware and the Ecolink Tilt Sensors now properly report open/closed when the param/settingd suggested in an earlier thread are applied.

Great work chaps.

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2018, 10:38:12 pm »
After many attempts to "fix" this sensor and prevent false alarms I ultimately installed a standard magnetic reed type garage door sensor (hardwired to my Caddx) and I have had no issues since. Not 1 single false trip with the new sensor in several months.