Author Topic: Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor  (Read 44814 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 01:58:41 am »
I just got one of these. Added fine but seems like it is working opposite of what I'd expect.

Vera shows Green when the sensor is laying flat/horizontal and Red when the sensor is upright/vertical?

Looks like it should be the opposite since when it is upright/vertical on the garage door, the garage door will be closed?

anyone else have/had this issue?

Offline Jamr

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 02:53:55 am »
I just got one of these. Added fine but seems like it is working opposite of what I'd expect.

Vera shows Green when the sensor is laying flat/horizontal and Red when the sensor is upright/vertical?

Looks like it should be the opposite since when it is upright/vertical on the garage door, the garage door will be closed?

Probably a stupid question, but did you install it with the orientation arrow facing up?
I go through it with our video.

http://www.007systems.com/ecolink-z-wave-garage-door-tilt-sensor-unbox-and-installation.html

Offline Aaron

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 10:09:26 am »

Probably a stupid question, but did you install it with the orientation arrow facing up?
I go through it with our video.

http://www.007systems.com/ecolink-z-wave-garage-door-tilt-sensor-unbox-and-installation.html

... not a stupid question at all. Though you'd think, logically, the developer would provide a setting to change the orientation trigger. Or maybe we need to request a Vera feature to do so?

After two attempts to remove/add while in the horizontal position, I thought the same thing and tried to add it when it was vertical. Same result :(

Offline tomgru

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 12:46:48 pm »
I think you might be misunderstanding what @Jamr is asking (pardon me if not).

He means physical installation of the device.  There is a small, almost undetectable, arrow on the unit that indicates what direction is "up".  When you mount the device on the door, this must be up to work correctly.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »
it was not installed yet. I just added it... it seemed to 'self correct' after I removed/re-added for the 3rd time... making sure to have it vertical when adding.  I just added my 2nd unit. Seems even after Vera configures fully I must do a 'reload' on the UI for it to start registering triggers.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »
it was not installed yet. I just added it... it seemed to 'self correct' after I removed/re-added for the 3rd time... making sure to have it vertical when adding.  I just added my 2nd unit. Seems even after Vera configures fully I must do a 'reload' on the UI for it to start registering triggers.

As you can see in the video, I had it at various angles when I dadded it and it added fine. I am curious as to why you had problems.
I have learned to make sure you add devices to your controller at their installation location. Apparently when you add devices, they store repeater information.

Offline outgun1911

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 12:30:35 am »
Doe anyone know how to add the tilt sensor to ADT pulse system?

Offline tybo611

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 12:36:50 am »
Paired instantly with no problems to Vera3.  Just curios though, is there a way to change it so that it shows open/close and something other than the motion sensor man rather than the Armed/Bypassed motion sensor ?

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 10:27:06 am »
It seems to report itself as a motion sensor and Vera displays it as such with the options to Arm or Bypass. The green man shows it's 'closed' with the red man showing it 'open' The MIOS crew would have to update the code for this device to be recognized as a GD sensor and show it as such with eg an open garage door and a closed one. 
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline Aaron

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:21 am »
I had several false positives using two of these. Anyone else see this?

Offline prim8

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 01:18:37 pm »
I had it switch on the Fourth of July when people nearby were setting off fireworks. I'm not sure why, the only thing I can come up with is the concussion from the fireworks boom popped the switch in the other position. I just went out, took the unit off and flipped it a couple times and put it back up.
The odd thing is, it only happened to one of my garage door sensors, and not the other.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »
I've not had false positives with it at all so far and I've used it for months. Since that switch is mechanically activated, units may be more sensitive or less sensitive than others. If you get a lot of false positives, I'd suggest to contact the supplier and see if they'll exchange it.

You have mounted the device so it's pointing straight up and it's not at even a slight angle when closed?
there is no play in your garage door that may cause eg the wind to tilt it slightly enough to activate it?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline wilme2

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 12:22:05 pm »

I had to put in a manual z-wave route, and haven't had an issue since.  Now this morning I THOUGHT I had a problem - but it turns out I really did leave the garage door open when I left home...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 09:30:30 pm »
Just "installed" two of these.  Easiest thing I've done on the Vera yet.

Took battery cover off, used the 'Add Device' section of the UI, when it said to pair I inserted the battery and kept tilting it back and forth.  Recognized the device almost instantly.

A few tilts back and forth confirmed operation.  Put on self adhesive on mounting plate and put the plate on the door and slid the sensor onto the plate.  Easy as pie.

The hardest things were the set screws.  I dropped one twice.  Tough things to find on a garage floor at night!

Offline Aaron

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2014, 01:07:53 pm »

I had to put in a manual z-wave route, and haven't had an issue since.  Now this morning I THOUGHT I had a problem - but it turns out I really did leave the garage door open when I left home...

Interesting... seems strange that the manual route would stop false positives?

I've never done a manual route before. Are you simply selecting the shortest path?