We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 17154 times)

Offline gregl

Re: Feature requests
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 08:13:10 pm »
That's a great idea....
I have a page per room, camera view and weather http widget and swiping between them is cool...but your idea could definitely speed things along.
Thanks!

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 08:23:42 pm »
Suggestion for Alarm Control:

For Arm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with buttons for "Away", "Stay", etc.

For Disarm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with a single button for "Disarm"
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline AgileHumor

• KISS
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 01:05:27 pm »

For Arm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with buttons for "Away", "Stay", etc.

For Disarm, immediately open a keypad for the PIN number combined with a single button for "Disarm"

That would be awesome!
WMC Leviton:18xVPE06,8xVRS15,3xVRP03-W,2xVRR15,4xVRCS4,2xVRCS2,VP00R,8xVRS15 Aeon:5xDSC06106,4xDSC24,4xDSC25,12xDSB29,2xDSC11,4xDSB54,DSB05,3xDSA22,DSA38,2xDSA03202B,DSB09104,HEM Other:3xYale,12xHSM100v3,7xSP103,45604,WDHA-12,SSA2USR,EVLCD1T,6xWWA02A,7xIPC-HFW2100,URTSI,Hue,Russound,OpenSprinker

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 01:25:57 pm »

That would be awesome!

That's why i don't use the latest ImperiHome Alarm Control, additional steps. i'm doing mine with Virtual Switches and stored PINs but at least my family has only to hit a single "button" to ARM AWAY or ARM INSTANT.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline AgileHumor

• KISS
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 02:02:21 pm »
I use my Yale Keypad Locks at Garage or Entryway to disarm the alarm.   It arms 60 seconds after a hit an exit button and all doors are closed for more than a a minute.  Also, I auto arm alarm/lock doors/roll down blinds after no motion detected in the house for an hour (and not bedtime) after a few audible warnings at 30, 50, 55, and 59 minutes prior.

However, it would be nice to use this as an internal home keypad to disarm the Simple Alarm Plugin via Imperihome...and protect it with a PIN(s).   
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:14:10 pm by AgileHumor »
WMC Leviton:18xVPE06,8xVRS15,3xVRP03-W,2xVRR15,4xVRCS4,2xVRCS2,VP00R,8xVRS15 Aeon:5xDSC06106,4xDSC24,4xDSC25,12xDSB29,2xDSC11,4xDSB54,DSB05,3xDSA22,DSA38,2xDSA03202B,DSB09104,HEM Other:3xYale,12xHSM100v3,7xSP103,45604,WDHA-12,SSA2USR,EVLCD1T,6xWWA02A,7xIPC-HFW2100,URTSI,Hue,Russound,OpenSprinker

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 02:10:35 pm »
I use my Yale Keypad Locks at Garage or Entryway to disarm the alarm.   It arms 60 seconds after a hit an exit button is hit and all doors are close for more than a a minute.  Also, I auto arm alarm/lock doors/roll down blinds after no motion detected in the house for an hour (and not bedtime).

However, it would be nice to use this as an internal home keypad to disarm the alarm...and protect it with a PIN(s).

I've debated using the lock keypad to disarm my DSC system and haven't decided yet. I have configuration in the alarm system PLEG to do it, it's just a matter of making the decision and turning it on.

Offline patersom82

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 03:02:19 am »

That would be great!  I'd like to combine with the ability for VERA to make ImperiHome beep / make different sounds.

The scenario I have in mind is like a traditional burglar alarm... front door is tripped, ImperiHome device is triggered by VERA to start beeping, user enters PIN to trigger disarm / 'at home' scenes or whatever.

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 08:01:47 am »

That would be great!  I'd like to combine with the ability for VERA to make ImperiHome beep / make different sounds.

The scenario I have in mind is like a traditional burglar alarm... front door is tripped, ImperiHome device is triggered by VERA to start beeping, user enters PIN to trigger disarm / 'at home' scenes or whatever.

I have two tablets running ImperiHome, one in the Kitchen and one in the Master Bedroom. The PLEG that catches the alarm sensors is configured to have both tablets announce where the alarm is violated i.e. Garage, Study, etc.

The Kitchen tablet also announces:
- the type of Arm request "Alarm Arming Away" or "Alarm Arming Instant",
- when the "Exit Delay Active"
- and when the Alarm finally arms after the the exist delay "Alarm Armed".
Similarly it announces "Alarm Disarmed" when that cycle is complete.

I'd love to have the voice of HAL ... the kids love it when it talks to them "Sorry Dave I can't do that ... just kidding Arming Away", it would be terrific in the voice of HAL but apparently the only TTS voice available is the generic one :)

I'm considering running ImperiHome on an "old" SmartPhone to be mounted inside the Front Door and configured to arming/disarming the alarm, and controlling a few lights. The current ImperiHome mechanism is too cumbersome for this so I've been holding off. If they did implement the combined keypad/function button approach then I'll probably put the phone by the door.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:12:32 am by clippermiami »

Offline TommyE

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 04:57:37 am »
Hello

One thing that I would find usefull is to be able to go directly to camera view (full screen) with an API call.

Eg. when the door bell rings, the tablet(s) will show the full camera page automatically.

Regards
Tommy

Offline Javelin

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 07:50:15 pm »
Yeah mine currently goes to a page but a direct like option be good aswell

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 08:29:17 pm »
You can go to a page under program control. The normal Start Page on the bedroom tablet is actually Page 1 and has a camera view, alarm controls and status and a few other things. But it also has a Page 0 that is just a single frame with nothing in it.

At 11PM the bedroom PLEG turns off the motion control of the bedroom lights and enables motion control on the ceiling fan. It also commands the ImperiHome to go to Page 0 so there isn't so much light and activity while we sleep.

At 730 AM the PLEG switches motion control back to the lights and the tablet back to the normal Start Page, Page 1. It also switches in light level controls to prevent the lights from being on if the ambient light level is above a preset value.

Offline TommyE

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 08:02:58 am »
Hello

The camera view in full screens gives a much higher update rate of the picture, I guess using your tip would show a big picture but the update rate would be slow.

Tommy

Offline qwen3579

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 08:37:42 am »
Hello

The camera view in full screens gives a much higher update rate of the picture, I guess using your tip would show a big picture but the update rate would be slow.

Tommy

You can actually set the update rate for the camera in the Dashboard by long tapping and selecting Configuration > Refresh Rate (I think). I have all mine set to instant.

Offline TommyE

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 09:14:22 am »
Cool, I will try that.

Tommy

Offline TommyE

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »
That worked great :)
The framerate is now constant, I will try to add a large camerascreen, and then flip to it when doorbell or garagedoor is triggered.

Tommy