We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Need for new iOS App  (Read 25429 times)

Offline jpete7683

Re: Need for new iOS App
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2014, 12:20:46 am »
I just jumped on the bandwagon as well. Great app! I spent the last couple days setting up a blather server to run home automation tasks, which works great but the range of open air microphones is somewhat limited. Obviously, walking across the room repeating yourself until the HA system responds is the opposite of convenient, so iViri is a refreshing change.

While I was testing out iViri's voice control I did manage to misfire once: somehow "Kitchen on" got mangled and much to my surprise my garage door opened. That got me thinking, would it be possible to implement a blacklist of devices or scenes you don't want to control by voice? I mean it's all fun and games until you accidentally turn off the bathroom light on your wife.

Thanks for the feedback, that shouldn't be to hard if a request to code in, not sure what release it will make but it should be easy to accommodate.  Can you post your enhancement request here [1] and put down some ideas where you would like that to be controlled, i.e. IViri setting or inside the app?

[1]
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24000.0.html
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline SM2k

« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2014, 03:50:15 pm »
If there are non jail broken device users who are staying with iOS 6 for performance reasons please respond and I will consider supporting iOS 6 and above.

I forgot that my wife is using IOS 6 because she simply refuses to deal with the horribly ugly UI of the new version--at least I forgot until I tried to install iViri. As somebody who has every intention to support your efforts by paying for the app, I'd love to see IO6 support.

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »
If there are non jail broken device users who are staying with iOS 6 for performance reasons please respond and I will consider supporting iOS 6 and above.

I forgot that my wife is using IOS 6 because she simply refuses to deal with the horribly ugly UI of the new version--at least I forgot until I tried to install iViri. As somebody who has every intention to support your efforts by paying for the app, I'd love to see IO6 support.

I will see if I can extend support for iOS 6 as part of the v1.2 deployment.  I will keep you posted on this.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.