We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: CEDIA 2013 - MiCasaVerde changes name to Vera and suggest UI7  (Read 74023 times)

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
Re: CEDIA 2013 - MiCasaVerde changes name to Vera and suggest UI7
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »

Does the HC2 have that feature that allows other random people to view your logs? That might be a feature that's unique to Vera also.
I wonder if it also has the feature where somebody changes your access password randomly, and updates you to a new UI ;)
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2014, 03:51:55 am »
Where the Fibaro UI seems to beat the Vera one is in the use of screen real estate.   I don't care much about the looks of the UI since I only use it to set up devices and scenes, but UI5 is positively horrible in its layout, especially if you have a lot of devices.   Even small tasks require an awful amount of scrolling.  Simple solution: fix the top level menu bar instead of scrolling it up and away, and use a side menu to switch between subtasks (scene triggers, lua, etc) and/or jump between rooms.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:09 am »
Agreed HC2 does look great but I have to agree that for me as much as UI is important it is not the primary as I want to spend more time enjoying the benefits of HA not too much time spent in the system itself.  As such set up and capability has to be primary for me and as such Vera for me still leads here.  I cant deny however a UI overall is a nice to have and would make sense.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2014, 10:05:02 am »
Agreed HC2 does look great but I have to agree that for me as much as UI is important it is not the primary as I want to spend more time enjoying the benefits of HA not too much time spent in the system itself.  As such set up and capability has to be primary for me and as such Vera for me still leads here.  I cant deny however a UI overall is a nice to have and would make sense.

I agree with you, and intveltr... meaning, I'm a set it and forget it guy, I don't want to tinker with it (if it is working fine). The issue with Vera's UI is that when you NEED to do something, it is tedious and in most cases, without community apps, literally impossible without being a LUA coder. 

If you take a look at many other HA apps/devices like: ISY, Elve, Home Control Assistant, etc... the conditional logic (including the UI to build it) is 10x better compared to Vera. Take a look at HCA's visual programming - it is a flow chart... www.hcatech.com

Vera has a good base platform, well good enough... they simply need to hire experienced home automation programmers AND talk-to / listen-to the user community. I suspect the problem is the Vera staff don't actually do 'Home Automation', if anything at all they do basic 'Home Control'. 

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2014, 11:04:55 am »
I suspect the problem is the Vera staff don't actually do 'Home Automation', if anything at all they do basic 'Home Control'.
Make that Smarter Home Control. ;)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2014, 11:32:38 am »
Home Automation is more appropriate:
Automation comes from the root "auto-" meaning "self-", and "mating" meaning "screwing".
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline gtallan

« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2014, 10:16:09 am »
Where the Fibaro UI seems to beat the Vera one is in the use of screen real estate.   I don't care much about the looks of the UI since I only use it to set up devices and scenes, but UI5 is positively horrible in its layout, especially if you have a lot of devices.   Even small tasks require an awful amount of scrolling.  Simple solution: fix the top level menu bar instead of scrolling it up and away, and use a side menu to switch between subtasks (scene triggers, lua, etc) and/or jump between rooms.

Yes it's a little disturbing to me that the snippets we see of the "new UI" seem to have way more whitespace - hopefully it is better organized and so more efficient, but it seems possible there will be less on the screen at one time.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2014, 04:18:30 pm »
i installed the new UI6 and it has way too many whitespace and it is totally far from being organized and confusing. also some devices screw up the layout , its also not resizeing to fullscreen.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl