Author Topic: [REQUEST] MultiSwitch Added  (Read 4277 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: [REQUEST] MultiSwitch Added
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:02 am »
What else is new in the beta?  Sonos??? :-)

Follow along to request or see. I don't have sonos.

I Know RGB lights, Insteon fan control and a few other things were added within the last few weeks. I didn't see sonos.

EDIT:

For your info B177 came out on Oct. 30th So all of this is in the last week. Things do seem to be moving if pushed.

What's New
B180 :
- Vera : Basic support for MultiSwitch plugin
- General : Several bug/crash fixes
B179 :
- General : Timezone selection for clock widgets
- General : Items sorting in composite security widget dialog
- Vera : Support of Insteon fan through Alsteon plugin
B178:
- General : Fixed crash on Android 5 lollipop
- General : Several bug fixes
B177 has just been published with :
- Eco-Devices : Fix issue on total counter values
- eedomus : Improvements in module recognition
- General : Voice recognition enabled on Lock devices (open/close)
- General : POST calls allowed on generic launch url widgets
- Vera : Fixed setpoint display in dashboard widget
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:44:10 am by integlikewhoa »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 07:28:50 pm »
You no longer need beta to get basic multiswitch support. The lastest update in the play store includes the above beta features in the latest update.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 11:42:11 am »
You no longer need beta to get basic multiswitch support. The lastest update in the play store includes the above beta features in the latest update.

Me again  :)

Can you give me an example of how you use multiswitch in the dashboard with a pic?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 11:56:10 am »

Me again  :)

Can you give me an example of how you use multiswitch in the dashboard with a pic?

Multiswitch doesn't stay grouped in ImperiHome. It splits up into 8 normal on/off light bulb switches. So I can show you a picture but you wouldn't see any difference if I had 8 light switches or 1 multiswitch. You can of-course then change the light bulb icon to what ever you want.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »
Multiswitch doesn't stay grouped in ImperiHome. It splits up into 8 normal on/off light bulb switches. So I can show you a picture but you wouldn't see any difference if I had 8 light switches or 1 multiswitch. You can of-course then change the light bulb icon to what ever you want.

You are like my go-to guy today!

But it remembers state, right?  Do me a favor and take a look at this thread... could this solve my problem? 
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30979.0.html

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 01:09:37 pm »

You are like my go-to guy today!

But it remembers state, right?  Do me a favor and take a look at this thread... could this solve my problem? 
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30979.0.html

The multiswitch is either on or off just like a light switch. You need to use PLEG to tie that switch to a secne a plugin or what ever flips the zone on.  But yes unlike a scene after its fired there is no on or off indication, the multiswitch will do that.

Problem might might be in the ir connection of the unit. You can flip the multiswitch on and it will show on and stay on. But wether or not the zone actually recieved the right IR and turned on.... the multiswitch would never know the truth. Same goes for off. All you can do is assume the scene fired and the ir was recieved or have it re fired several times to confirm.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 01:26:56 pm »

The multiswitch is either on or off just like a light switch. You need to use PLEG to tie that switch to a secne a plugin or what ever flips the zone on.  But yes unlike a scene after its fired there is no on or off indication, the multiswitch will do that.

Problem might might be in the ir connection of the unit. You can flip the multiswitch on and it will show on and stay on. But wether or not the zone actually recieved the right IR and turned on.... the multiswitch would never know the truth. Same goes for off. All you can do is assume the scene fired and the ir was recieved or have it re fired several times to confirm.

I just played with this.  You don't need PLEG.. you can tie it to a scene in the triggers.  A trigger for on, another for off.   Works great... updates across my tablets within a second. 

you are right about the second part for sure.  My zone controller is getting it's IR from the Harmony plugin... so if i use that and/or the actual remote, things will be out of sync.  But Hey, this is cheaper than the other ideas i have, and better than nothing. 

I used the lighbulb widget with the on/off switch.  then replaced the lightbulb icon with a speaker.  Switch still shows state... looks great. 

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 01:36:48 pm »

I just played with this.  You don't need PLEG.. you can tie it to a scene in the triggers.  A trigger for on, another for off.   Works great... updates across my tablets within a second. 

you are right about the second part for sure.  My zone controller is getting it's IR from the Harmony plugin... so if i use that and/or the actual remote, things will be out of sync.  But Hey, this is cheaper than the other ideas i have, and better than nothing. 

I used the lighbulb widget with the on/off switch.  then replaced the lightbulb icon with a speaker.  Switch still shows state... looks great.

Yes you don't need PLEG but since I do so much in PLEG and I have more control in PLEG, I keep this control in there too.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »
Thanks again for the idea!!!  Here's how it turned out:

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 02:08:51 pm »
Looks good!

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2017, 05:34:25 am »
Hi

How do you add a MultiSwitch button into Imperihome?

I cannot see any way how you do this.

Thanks

EDIT:

Figured it out in the Imperihome app I went to Flat devices list and in to the room where the MultiSwitch is located. I then selected the option to show hidden devices and all the MultiSwitches then appear. I was then able to add a ON / OFF button to the dashboard.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:32:06 am by cw-kid »