We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Imperihome Plugin  (Read 42296 times)

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Imperihome Plugin
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 02:22:03 pm »
Version 2.0.11 does wake the tablet up when using the Alternative front camera wake-up method.

Great stuff...Imperihome offers functionality that no other app can...

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 02:54:19 pm »
Got it working just got to put the IP in down the bottom section of the imperi home device and enable the HTTP part on the android app too easy.

Had a play with voice recognition on my Samsung tablet, picks my voice up well from about 2 meters.

If like what the others are suggesting and you can "wake" the tablet properly I can see some very cool things I can do with this soon.

Thanks for the hard work dev.

The new version actually does wake the device (from screen off), but there is a bug where it actually opens the most recent app to the forefront. If I'm in Hulu and send the command it does nothing (except turn on the screen), if I click home, turn off the screen (or not), it will turn on the screen (if off) and open Hulu (not Imperihome). I will only seem to open ImperiHome if it was the last app that had focus (and yo uare currently on the home screen).

That is at least how it works for me. It's also an all or nothing. It turns on the screen no matter what (might be nice if there was a setting, but it doesn't affect me as all the devices I will have this one, will need this specific functionality.

Feature Request for the plugin:

Since I will be running between 5 and 10 tablets, is there a way to have 1 Vera device that handles multiple tablets (Like VeraAlerts handles it?). It seems like there will be a lot of overhead. Either that or allow the creation of children devices and only have 1 parent device (as children devices don't have as much overhead from what I understand).
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline ImperiHome

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 03:01:56 pm »
Hi,
The new version actually does wake the device (from screen off), but there is a bug where it actually opens the most recent app to the forefront. If I'm in Hulu and send the command it does nothing (except turn on the screen), if I click home, turn off the screen (or not), it will turn on the screen (if off) and open Hulu (not Imperihome). I will only seem to open ImperiHome if it was the last app that had focus (and yo uare currently on the home screen).
This has just been fixed in our development environment : will be released in the next upgrade.

Feature Request for the plugin:
Since I will be running between 5 and 10 tablets, is there a way to have 1 Vera device that handles multiple tablets (Like VeraAlerts handles it?). It seems like there will be a lot of overhead. Either that or allow the creation of children devices and only have 1 parent device (as children devices don't have as much overhead from what I understand).

Hmm I agree that this would probably be better to have one device to handle all tablets. However I'm afraid that we won't work on this quite soon as I think this would require quite some time to adapt :s

Best,

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 04:58:58 pm »
Hmm I agree that this would probably be better to have one device to handle all tablets. However I'm afraid that we won't work on this quite soon as I think this would require quite some time to adapt :s

Best,

I understand. It's just a "memory" issue. I do believe the plugin in general would use less memory if it either handled multiple tablet's per device, or used child devices. I'm not sure the latter uses less memory, but I believe it does.
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »
Child Devices use less memory than individual devices.

That's why Z-Wave devices are cheap in memory compared to Plugins.
Z-Wave devices share the same controlling device.

Offline Javelin

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 09:54:11 am »
Just a question anyone figure out how to add a delay so after you call the page to display on tablet to revert back to the "default" page after a few seconds.

I cant get lua sleep or delay commands working in my coding. Is their another way around this I have not thought of?

I also think after installing this on a few walls for mates that it would be a good direction to move this into a android launcher so pressing the home key doesn't unintentionally boot you out of the app. Would make it the official "automation launcher" for android.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:57:12 am by Javelin »

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 10:09:20 am »
I also think after installing this on a few walls for mates that it would be a good direction to move this into a android launcher so pressing the home key doesn't unintentionally boot you out of the app. Would make it the official "automation launcher" for android.

For now, look for the app "target launcher". While not the best solution, it does in fact allow you to set ImperiHome as the app that launches when you click the home button. It's a little funky though because it actually opens another app (target launcher) that then opens ImperiHome again.

Offline Otje

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 05:49:44 pm »
Just a question anyone figure out how to add a delay so after you call the page to display on tablet to revert back to the "default" page after a few seconds.

I cant get lua sleep or delay commands working in my coding. Is their another way around this I have not thought of?

Hi

for this reason i am using the plugin. in the scene editor i use the advance page and create the delay over there, rather then using LUA coded. please have a look at my screendump, hope it helps.
in this screendump when I open the gate it shows the camera on the front of my house for 30 secs and then goes back to the standard page on imperihome.
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline Javelin

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 06:30:38 am »

For now, look for the app "target launcher". While not the best solution, it does in fact allow you to set ImperiHome as the app that launches when you click the home button. It's a little funky though because it actually opens another app (target launcher) that then opens ImperiHome again.

Thanks I will check that app out!

Offline Javelin

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 06:32:44 am »

Hi

for this reason i am using the plugin. in the scene editor i use the advance page and create the delay over there, rather then using LUA coded. please have a look at my screendump, hope it helps.
in this screendump when I open the gate it shows the camera on the front of my house for 30 secs and then goes back to the standard page on imperihome.

After staying awake untill 2am one morning and re adding and setting up imperihome plugin I finally discovered this simple method to get it working... but for anyone else who does realize this is how its done. Works well indded super responsive.

Offline Cor

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 02:39:17 pm »
I installed this plugin , but it doesn't work for me.
running UI5 with version 622.

Attached some screenshots.
The tablet is an android 4.0.4 and running Imeprihome works fine on the tablet. The tablet has a fix Ip adress of 10.0.0.68

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline Otje

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »
Hi Cor,

not sure if the plugin is installed right..
can you check the advanced tab, my settings are as shown in the attachment.

if this does not work it may be that your tablet ip or port can not be reached, via your internal network?
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline Cor

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 03:06:03 pm »
Yeah , mine looks a bit different , see the screenshot:

The tablet is connected fine to the internet and it does everything I want , when I go in settings it shows its static Ip adress 10.0.0.68

The LUA startup failure , that's what worries me most .....

Offline Otje

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 03:09:13 pm »
did you try to load the webpage again with Ctrl F5?
otherwise i would try to delete and reinstall.

Offline Cor

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 05:13:00 pm »
Done both ..... no luck.Still the LUA failure. and it asks me to insert the IP adress.
Also inserting the MAC adress I tried......  :-\

I also tried another Tablet (Galaxy tab3) , but also no luck with that one.

Anything else I can try or how best to troubleshoot?

thanks,
Cor