We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI6 readiness  (Read 4799 times)

Offline ke2nny

• Sr. Newbie
Re: UI6 readiness
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 07:35:08 am »
I followed you instructions:

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 08:04:33 am »

I followed you instructions:

Thanks. I will take a look at it soon. I'm not seeing the plugin's normal startup messages, which is odd. It looks a bit like the plugin is hanging while establishing the connection to the GC100. It's a little hard to tell looking at the log on my phone's tiny screen. When I've had a chance to see it on a real computer I will have a better idea.

Are you seeing any persistent messages in the web UI in the top centre? The log suggests that you are.

Offline ke2nny

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 08:59:26 am »
I see a message stating, "Caddx NX584 Security System[25]:Failed to open IO Port"

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »

I see a message stating, "Caddx NX584 Security System[25]:Failed to open IO Port"

Right. Then the plugin hasn't even started yet because it can't talk to your GC100.  The log you posted shows that the plugin is trying to connect to the right location, repeatedly. Your next steps are to verify that the UI6 update hasn't broken your GC100 link. See if there is anyone else on the forum with a GC100 and UI6; I recall another topic in the last couple of months.

Offline ke2nny

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »
I was able to get it all working by reverting to a backup I made right after I upgraded.  I re-added the Connect tab fix and now everything is working correctly.  I thank you again for all the time you dedicated to my issue.  Thanks!!!!

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:56 pm »

I was able to get it all working by reverting to a backup I made right after I upgraded.  I re-added the Connect tab fix and now everything is working correctly.  I thank you again for all the time you dedicated to my issue.  Thanks!!!!

I'm glad you are up and running again. It's a pity that we couldn't identify the ultimate issue. But thanks for discovering the Connect tab JavaScript bug; I will include the altered file in the next release.

Offline ke2nny

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:16 am »
If you would like, I can install the plug-in and we can continue to troubleshoot.  I just need to know what to do next, but we can continue.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »
If you would like, I can install the plug-in and we can continue to troubleshoot.

The bug you encountered smells like one that you probably couldn't reproduce even if you tried.  I wouldn't be game to mess with your working system and risk breaking it permanently.