We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VRCS1 Scene Controller with Vera Lite  (Read 2321 times)

Offline flipstyle79

VRCS1 Scene Controller with Vera Lite
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum but I just purchased the Vera Lite, a Levitron VRCS1 Scene Controller, and I have two Z wave outlets that have floor lamps hooked up to them. All I want to be able to do is have the VRCS1 control both the outlets so that the lamps turn on and off. I have managed to get the lights to either turn on or off...but not both. I have tried using triggers, groups, and scenes, yet I can't figure this thing out. Sometimes, when I press the button the lights will turn on, then off, then back on. Is there a tutorial on here that shows steps on how to use a scene controller with the Vera Lite?

I will snoop around the message boards to see if there's an answer, but if anyone has any advice, it would be most helpful. Thanks!

- Chris

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: VRCS1 Scene Controller with Vera Lite
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:52:11 am »
@flipstyle79,

Welcome!

What brand are the Z-Wave outlets?
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline kmil81

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:47 pm »
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I am in the same boat (new to z-wave, have a vera 3 lite, just installed a vrcs1-1lz and cannot get it to control anything appropriately. I see it in the vera dashboard and in the configuration screen I can set two scenes, 1 for button on, 1 for button off. Unfortunately this appears to do nothing.

I simply want to turn on and off a GE 45603 lamp module.  I can set a trigger for a scene but then I'm stuck with getting just on functionality or just off functionality.

Can someone help me out with what I am doing wrong? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:47:31 pm »
@kmil81,

Welcome!

AFAIK, this is still broken.

Try A scene is activated and scene number 0 as your trigger. Then, on the Advanced tab, pick the 45603 from the drop down list, click Add, then choose ToggleState as the action.

This may toggle the GE every time you press the VRCS1 (and the LED on the VRCS1 will not change).

Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline kmil81

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:23:52 am »
Awesome! Thank you for your help. This worked great and accomplished exactly what I was after.