We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: I just published a Vera Pebble Watch App  (Read 14252 times)

Offline drewying

I just published a Vera Pebble Watch App
« on: February 07, 2014, 02:15:22 am »
Hello gents!

For all of you Pebble smart watch owners I've official just published a Vera app the Pebble App Store which allows you to control your Vera from your Pebble.

Functionality is limited. Right now all you can do is view and run scenes (which is sufficient for my personal needs). If there is a lot of popularity and demand then I will definitely program in device support as well.

Just open up the Pebble app store in the new Pebble App and you should be able to find it.

It's also open sourced here: https://github.com/drewying/VeraPebble

After you download it make sure you click on "Settings" and enter in your mios credentials if you want it to work outside your local network.

Cheers gents,

Drew

Offline AgileHumor

• KISS
Re: I just published a Vera Pebble Watch App
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:13:18 pm »
Awesome news!

I don't have one yet, but this is pretty neat.
WMC Leviton:18xVPE06,8xVRS15,3xVRP03-W,2xVRR15,4xVRCS4,2xVRCS2,VP00R,8xVRS15 Aeon:5xDSC06106,4xDSC24,4xDSC25,12xDSB29,2xDSC11,4xDSB54,DSB05,3xDSA22,DSA38,2xDSA03202B,DSB09104,HEM Other:3xYale,12xHSM100v3,7xSP103,45604,WDHA-12,SSA2USR,EVLCD1T,6xWWA02A,7xIPC-HFW2100,URTSI,Hue,Russound,OpenSprinker

Offline indianl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 05:24:06 pm »
Cool stuff! Being on Android, I don't have access to the Pebble App Store yet - checked out the GitHub thingy, but how do I install it from there?
Oh, and I would definitely be interested in being able to run more than scenes, would be awesome to see devices (and graphical representation of their status) - something like AuthomationHD for the wrist!  :D

Offline mda

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »
@drewying. I sent you an email via pebble store link but also wanted to post in case you check here more often... 2 questions:

1. I am just getting a "Loading..." Screen, is there a log I can check or send you to help debug?

2. Would it be possible to only show certain scenes? I have tons of scenes but only a couple I would want to use from my pebble.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jacobly

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »
I've really enjoyed using this app the past couple of days on UI5. Unfortunately, I just upgraded to UI6 and consequently had to create a new account since mios.com accounts are no invalid. It looks like we will be logging into the following website for UI6:

https://home.getvera.com/users/login

Any chance the pebble app could be updated for UI6 users?

I also agree, it would be great to be able to select certain scenes for the pebble app instead of all of them. Less scrolling...

Thank you so much for creating this app, and keep up the good work!
Z-Wave enthusiast

Offline drewying

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:08:37 pm »
It should work on all Android devices once they release the Pebble App Store for Android.

I'll look into how the new authentication system works and what it will take to get the app running on UI6. No promises on when until I see how involved it is. But I will for sure put it on the todo list.

@mda, sorry you are getting the Loading... screen. Are you running on UI5 or UI6?

Drew

Offline drewying

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:37 pm »
Forgot to add

I have a feature in the version of the app I use personally that let's me hide scenes by renaming the scene to have _HIDEME at the end. I'll put that Easter Egg next time I update the app at the end of the week.

Honestly a full blown scene and device manage would probably be a month or two out given my current school schedule. But I will definitely get to it eventually. Right now I'm going to focus on getting it working with UI6

Drew

Offline mda

I just published a Vera Pebble Watch App
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:23:36 pm »
@drewying. thanks, i am on UI5 (1.5.622)

would it possible to put something less conspicuous like * or ^ at the end of the scene name instead of "_HIDEME"? or maybe put * or ^ just in the ones we want to show? Or just display the scenes pinned to the dashboard (if that info is accessible?) perhaps?

that would let other apps and UI5 not look odd with 96% of scenes having "_HIDEME" on them :) Thanks !
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:01:07 am by mda »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 09:31:43 pm »
UI6 authentication is completely different and more complex. Documentation has not been made publicly available yet. It requires you to authenticate via an auth server to receive some data that would then need to be used to authenticate to the appropriate relay server to receive a session token which is used to communicate with the relay server. This is only good for 24 hours.

- Garrett

Offline Jacobly

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »
So, does it sound feasible, given the new authentication requirements, to create a 3rd party app for Vera now?

I am in contact with MCV to obtain my last UI5 backup. I'm thinking I will fall back to UI5 so I can use this pebble app and Garrett's app....probably jumped the gun on upgrading too soon. (Although, I was surprised to find out that my Roomie Remote still worked after the upgrade!)
Z-Wave enthusiast

Offline drewying

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 12:09:23 am »
@mda - Hmmm. I'm not sure why it's not working. If you leave the Loading... screen on do you ever get anything? The Loading screen is displayed while it tries to find your Vera using the "https://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=username" service. If that fails for any reason it should update the Loading... screen with some sort of error.

Hopefully I'll be able to code in some sort of scene management in the long term once my work schedule quiets down. In the mean time I'll put in something less conspicuous. (Really this is something I did in a weekend for fun :)

@garret Any way I can get access to the authentication documentation? Do I need to register with MCV or something? IF worse comes to worse I can just wireshark it I suppose but if there's is documentation somewhere that would be very helpful.

Offline mda

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 12:21:00 am »
Thanks drew. I tried a few times and gave up after about 5 min on the loading screen but I will try again and let it sit for longer.

I PMd you the response I get to the sta1 call in case there is something funky in there causing a problem, if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

Is there any sort of log I could get for you from the Vera or the pebble that might help?

Ps: pretty impressive for just a weekend of work ! Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 01:05:36 am »
@mda - Hmmm. I'm not sure why it's not working. If you leave the Loading... screen on do you ever get anything? The Loading screen is displayed while it tries to find your Vera using the "https://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=username" service. If that fails for any reason it should update the Loading... screen with some sort of error.

Hopefully I'll be able to code in some sort of scene management in the long term once my work schedule quiets down. In the mean time I'll put in something less conspicuous. (Really this is something I did in a weekend for fun :)

@garret Any way I can get access to the authentication documentation? Do I need to register with MCV or something? IF worse comes to worse I can just wireshark it I suppose but if there's is documentation somewhere that would be very helpful.

Documentation is not public available yet. I believe they are still working on it. Wireshark will not help you as involves a good amount of steps and several different authentications. You would need to contact MCV, but for now I am not allowed to provide many details on how it works.

- Garrett

Offline drewying

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 07:35:19 pm »
@mda,

Hmm. Your config files look pretty normal. One thought is I noticed you had a few different user accounts registered to your Vera. If you change the user account via the "Settings" page in the Pebble app, does that make a difference?

Drew

Offline mda

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 09:29:12 pm »
I did try 2 different accounts, but no love. I also let it try to load for almost an hour but it stayed on "loading" screen.

I then deleted the app completely from my pebble and the pebble app, and reinstalled it from the app store and... viola, it works ! (fwiw i did also try just unloading it from the pebble and reloading it but that did not solve anything).

Looking forward to being able to limit the scenes that appear and life will be good. Thanks again.