Author Topic: Discussions for MMS Vera  (Read 17234 times)

Offline aaronsquire

Discussions for MMS Vera
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »
I didn't see MMS Vera app listed in the remote control section. Assuming discussions are here in UI6 beta testing for now?  I'm not the author of the app but certainly would love for those person(s) to take over this thread.  :)

Here's a summary of what users have experienced and/or suggested in this thread.

Bugs:
  • Forgets Scenes and switches. User has to logout and login to see switches and scenes.
  • Opening App in landscape mode doesn't allow user to see login button. Currently user must open app in portrait mode.
  • App does not rotate between landscape and portrait by rotating device.

Suggestions:
  • Ipad Version
  • Rooms
  • Option to group by like devices
  • Dashboard View
  • Present Modes
  • Option to disable splash screen
  • Option to hide / show rooms, scenese, and switches
  • Energy Usage (watts) per device
  • Rename Cameras Sensors to Security since it also includes Locks.
  • Color Logic same as web portal. Example: Kwikset lock through the mios.com portal, the status shows as "Locked" and is Red.  Lock status through MMS Vera on the iPad, the status shows "Lock" and is Green. It appears that the logic in reversed on MMS Vera.
  • Virtual devices like multi switch.
  • + and - on the end of dimmer level bars.  Sliding your finger doesn't work and tapping will only get you close.

• Free
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:48:56 am by aaronsquire »
Thanks!

Offline sinclac

Vera mobile login problems
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:35:53 am »
Hello,

I keep getting the error on my phone That login is not valid.

Galaxy note 2
Android 4.3

Any idea what is going on here (I know i entered the right info)

Offline ElMagnifico

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Discussions for MMS Vera
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:51:35 am »
I didn't see MMS Vera app listed in the remote control section. Assuming discussions are here in UI6 beta testing for now? 

Initial Observations:
It's clean, loads fast, and devices respond quickly if not instantly to commands. It looks and reads nicely. It's very promising.

Questions:
  • Scenes and Switches does not have a group title. My devices are in an odd order. It's not alphabetical, it appears as though they are grouped together in rooms but there is no room title.
  • Present Modes - Great Idea that is shown on Vera but not the IOS app

Are you experiencing issues with app failing to find unit? I find that it will fail to find my unit every other few days and then I have to log out and then log back in, and then I reconnect and it finds the unit. Slightly aggravating but it always finds it very quick.

Offline aaronsquire

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 09:39:06 am »
Yes, having same issue requiring logout and log back in.
Thanks!

Offline bjaing

User Account to the Vera APP
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 01:33:18 am »
I have the same problem , I cant use my login account on the Vera App (MMS Vera downloded from Itunes)

Vera SW version 1.5.22
IOS Version 7.0.4
Error >>>> [Login failed check username and password]

Offline oTi@

• Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:03:00 am »
@bjaing,

Welcome!

It appears you are using 1.5.622 / UI5?

Quote from: MMS Vera on iTunes
APPLICATION REQUIRES VERA SMART HOME CONTROLLER RUNNING UI6, OR HIGHER: To download the legacy UI5 iOS application use the following link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vera-mobile-app/id514267785?mt=8
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline skyhopper88

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 02:41:28 pm »
MMS Vera is unusable on a non retina ipad on IOS7. iOS 7 makes two significant changes to non-Retina iPads? handling of apps with iPhone/iPod-specific interfaces. Previously, non-Retina iPads displayed iPhone/iPod apps at a classic 480x320 resolution, upscaling them with a ?2X? button to a larger, chunky-looking 960x640 window. On a non-Retina iPad 2 or iPad mini running iOS 7, the apps are now displayed at the larger size by default, but use the higher-resolution text and graphics seen on the Retina iPhone 4/4S and fourth-generation iPod touch, while removing the ability to shrink to ?1X? size. Retina iPads, however, still give users the choice of toggling between 1x and 2x mode.

Now, on an non retina iPad on I0S7 the username and password fields display, but the bottom with login, create account is cut off (in fact you only see half of the Vera Logo. and you cannot login. Also when the app loads the logo is in portrait but then the login screen shifts to landscape, which is odd for an iPhone app, unless this is supposed to support landscape unlike the old vera mobile app.

Offline aaronsquire

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:42:13 am »
@skyhopper88

If I open the app on my Ipad in landscape as you stated, I cannot login because you cannot see or access the login button. I must open the app in portrait mode. If already in the app, rotating ipad from landscape to portrait it does not rotate the app. It's locked in orientation of when app was opened.

I'm hoping the team is considering building an Ipad App instead of using the Iphone app upsizing. When I go to app store on Ipad and search for MMS Vera nothing comes up unless you tell it to search for Iphone apps or go to your purchased apps.
Thanks!

Offline skyhopper88

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 11:10:01 am »
@aaronsquire

Thanks, I didn't think to try that. I'm used to iphone apps always being locked portrait regardless of orientation. That did work.

Offline emiliosic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 06:56:14 pm »
Upgraded To UI6... (which if I understand correctly, it's in Beta but did not know that).
The MMS Vera is cleaner than the legacy application, and finally supports iPhone 5.

Something I really miss from the previous version is the organization by rooms. I have similarly named wall outlets through different rooms and is now confusing to use in my case.

Also; please have an option to disable the splash screen every time I open the application.
Also there is no information about watts used (i.e. when using Aeotec plugs). I realize that the aim is to keep things clean, but this is useful. For example when controlling a dehumidifier, by seeing how many watts it uses I can tell if the compressor is running or just the fan.

About the toggle switches; it would be useful to have intermediate states. For example; when unlocking z-wave dock; the process takes some time, and because the device is low-power; the polling is slow. So I unlock the door and the toggle icon doesn't change for a few seconds; but I don't know if it unlocked or not; so press the button again (because it did not change) and makes things worst. Also 'locks' is under 'cameras / sensors'. This likely means 'security' but 'sensors' doesn't quite belong to 'security' but 'locks' seems misplaced under 'cameras / sensors' because it's neither.

An iPad version would be great of course.

Thanks for the good work.

Offline Schmitt410

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 08:29:54 pm »
I tried locking my ipad, but it still opens in landscape after the first page comes up.  I locked it with the toggle switch on the side.

Offline aaronsquire

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 02:30:11 pm »
I tried locking my ipad, but it still opens in landscape after the first page comes up.  I locked it with the toggle switch on the side.

Completely close the app and reopen once locked in portrait mode. If you opened in landscape, it will remain in landscape until you complete exit and reopen.
Thanks!

Offline emiliosic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 10:18:39 am »
After a day ? after logging in; the app doesn't see Vera. Have to log out and back in again. The previous Vera app would stay logged in forever and that was very reliable.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 10:59:26 am »
This is a bug in the APP.
The new UI6 remote connection protocol requires getting an access token before you can access Vera.
This token is only valid for 24 hours. Their token timed out ... and they did not handle it properly.

Offline guinsfan

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 07:26:30 pm »
Is there a fix for this issue?  It's driving me crazy logging in every time and more importantly the wife isn't happy and I just got her on board with the Vera!