We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Discussions for MMS Vera  (Read 18295 times)

Offline cd66312

Re: Discussions for MMS Vera
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 12:51:54 am »
Galaxy S4 on ATT here, also get "That login is not valid" using the Vera Mobile app

This blows, about to lose my sexy time privileges over this expense.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 03:50:16 am »

Galaxy S4 on ATT here, also get "That login is not valid" using the Vera Mobile app

This blows, about to lose my sexy time privileges over this expense.
If you are using UI6, you need to use MMA Vera as Vera Mobile does not support it.

Offline maja

MMS Vera App
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 02:21:53 am »
I have the MMS Vera App on my iPhone 5. Unfortunately, it often seems to forget my vera and says "No Devices". Sometimes I can fix it by logging out and logging back in. However, frequently I have to delete the application and reinstall it (just terminating the app does not help).

Also right now it lists my vera box but it shows the rotating circle on the right. When I go to the different tabs I can't see any of the devices like locks, etc.

All of this is really quite frustrating and makes the app close to useless. Is there a way to fix this or is there a better app?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: MMS Vera App
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 04:03:07 am »
I have the MMS Vera App on my iPhone 5. Unfortunately, it often seems to forget my vera and says "No Devices". Sometimes I can fix it by logging out and logging back in. However, frequently I have to delete the application and reinstall it (just terminating the app does not help).

Also right now it lists my vera box but it shows the rotating circle on the right. When I go to the different tabs I can't see any of the devices like locks, etc.

All of this is really quite frustrating and makes the app close to useless. Is there a way to fix this or is there a better app?

This has been mentioned several times throughout the forum. It looks like the current version of the app does not properly re-authenticate with the authentication token expires. They need to fix this and the only way to get this working is to logout and re-login from the app. Their are other 3rd party apps that are starting to support UI6 / MMS authentication. VeraMate (iOS) and AutHomationHD (Android) are two of them.

- Garrett

Offline ig867sr

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 06:57:22 pm »
When I view my Kwikset lock through the mios.com portal, the status shows as "Locked" and is Red.  When I view the lock status through MMS Vera on the iPad, the status shows "Lock" and is Green.  I can toggle the lock through either the App or the Website, and both devices update.  It appears that the logic in reversed on MMS Vera

Offline MrBoo

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »
MMS Vera was the opposite for me than what is reported here on Android.  I was able to access from outside networks fine but have issues when attached to my home network.  I think they have changed some things because it it better now, but I still show the device as undefined where the device name shows while not on the home network.

Along with a similar request to see rooms, I would also like to see virtual devices like multi switch.  Right now only physical devices show.  I suppose I could always use scenes to toggle multi switch or other virtual devices but it would be more simple to just show them. 

Another request wuold be a + and - on the end of dimmer level bars.  Sliding your finger doesn't work and tapping will only get you close. 

Offline Landy

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 01:18:57 am »
The new App is Rubbish,

I can log in fine but it forgets my unit so there is nothing in the list. I have to remove the item through the web portal and then do a search and reconnect it to see it again. I tried going back to Vera Mobile and it has the same problem.

I know a lot of other people have mentioned this but is there a fix?

Offline MrBoo

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:59 am »
They have changed something because mine now works whether I am on the local network or on an outside network.  I only have a few secondary requests but the over all functionality is fine for me (right now).

Offline rshriot

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 05:23:36 pm »
Because I didn't see this answer posted elsewhere... if you're running the 1.6 firmware, but are still seeing "Login failed check username and password", you might need to lowercase your username (e.g. MyUserName => myusername).  Kind of a silly little bug.

Offline RichN

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:47 am »
Thanks rshriot!  I have been attempting to log onto MMS Vera for several days.  Your post solved my problem.  Sign-on to MMS Vera while using UI6 requires the username to be in lower case. 

Offline MrBoo

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 09:22:51 am »
MMS Vera is now broke for me..   >:(  It had been working flawlessly with U16 up until now.  I now get the Please wait, contacting the unit server.   I logged out and made sure I was using a lower case user name. 

I also can not log in from a PC that is outside my home network.   I'll post that in a more appropriate thread but I am sure they are related.   Probably site adjustments for U17??

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:32 pm »
The basic app seems OK when I can get in!  Most of the time, it can't find my Veralite. The strange thing to me is that 3rd party vendors seem to have this figured out, and why can't the OEM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 02:31:30 pm »
Actually this is written by a third party for MCV.
They have not done a great job handling the various timing issues with the new protocol and needs the user to logout/login again to reset.

Many of us developers have spent a lot of time making the interface robust and responsive.

Offline sgruby

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:44 pm »
While my current iOS app is pretty basic, all the source is available at https://github.com/sgruby/VeraAutomation I've offered it to MCV as a starting point, but haven't heard back. I'm working on adding UI6/7 support based on the notes Richard wrote up, but don't have an ETA on when it will be done.

(I'm actually trying to rewrite the app in Swift as a learning experience which is slowing me down!)

Offline shpitz461

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 11:29:04 am »
Is it just me? I cannot get MMS Vera to log in since last night (after MCV did their scheduled maintenance overnight).

Thanks!