Author Topic: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?  (Read 21470 times)

Offline kyle.dawson

How to revert UI6 back to UI5?
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:30 pm »
I did not notice that this was beta.  I upgraded and have been in shambles every since(Login issue, mobile issues, plugin issues).  I am looking to go back to UI5 and see the instructions but have not seen anyone do it successfully? Has anyone done this yea?  Go from UI6 back to UI5? Can I back up the devices and restore or I lose everything?  At this point, I am ok with rebuilding my Zwave network,the state I am in is worse. No remote access via android apps, tried both.  I just need it working again. Vera alerts only half works now, just too many problems to deal with.

VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(18), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(2),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(6), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(3), Fibaro Motion(2), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
Re: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:40:08 pm »
You don't backup your devices per se. Wat you do is load the most recent UI5 firmware, factory reset the device and then restore from a backup of your entire Vera made before the move to UI6. I personally haven't done it from UI6 to UI5 but I did it from UI5 to UI4 several times and it was not only painless but it was less painful than using UI5 was.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:31:09 pm »
Thanks, when I try to load the UI5 fireware, it says it is this:

Wrong firmware for current platform : Vera3Lite. Intended for wl500gP

I use this URL to get Firmware, is it correct?

http://cp.mios.com/mios_unit.php?PK_AccessPoint=16207

Also, I setup for daily backup but where does it store them so I can recover?
VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(18), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(2),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(6), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(3), Fibaro Motion(2), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 12:09:28 am »
I gave it a try and I am back in UI5 and all devices, plugins, etc all works...

Here is the steps I just did and worked for me.

1) Setup | Firmware
2) URL Verea  -  http://download.mios.com/rt3662_betafirmware/rt3662_Luup_ui5-1.5.622-en-mios.squashfs
3) Save Backup
4) Keep Current Settings and configs
5) Start Upgrade
6) Wait 15 min, clock will not move but your device will reboot
7) Setup | Backup
8) Restore from backup

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:46:52 am »
I split, and re-titled this post to make it easier to find...

The URL you [originally] used to determine the Firmware(s) is being passed a parameter from a Vera2 (or Vera1) HW device, so it's returning the Firmware for that platform.

Looks like you worked out that you'd need to pass it the Id for your Vera unit for it to return the correct firmware for your platform*... which ultimately is:
    http://download.mios.com/rt3662_betafirmware/rt3662_Luup_ui5-1.5.622-en-mios.squashfs

* Side-note: Interesting to know that you can use the URL:
    http://cpui5.mios.com/firmware/unit.php?PK_AccessPoint=3500xxxxx

for any Vera unit, and it will tell you what version of the software it's running....  interesting...

Offline mitch.thompson

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:53:39 pm »

1) Setup | Firmware
2) URL Verea  -  http://download.mios.com/rt3662_betafirmware/rt3662_Luup_ui5-1.5.622-en-mios.squashfs
3) Save Backup
5) Start Upgrade
7) Setup | Backup
8) Restore from backup

Bleh,  didn't work for me. I opened a ticket with support, they asked me to enable remote access, but I can't.

I think I'm hosed...

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 09:17:51 pm »
It's usually best when downgrading firmware to reset to factory defaults.

- Garrett

Offline mitch.thompson

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30:32 pm »

- Garrett

Yep, did that  (though thanks for the reminder).

The error message make it seem as if the flash is write protected, because there were several settings I couldn't save, plus that strange error that I needed to upgrade to the professional version to be able to save settings.

I notice there's an SSH port open. What are the chances I'll find a default login on Google, or even be able to do some sort of fsck if I can get in?

Offline mitch.thompson

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 06:20:19 am »

- Garrett

Yep, did that  (though thanks for the reminder).

The error message make it seem as if the flash is write protected, because there were several settings I couldn't save, plus that strange error that I needed to upgrade to the professional version to be able to save settings.

I notice there's an SSH port open. What are the chances I'll find a default login on Google, or even be able to do some sort of fsck if I can get in?

I'm back to UI5, albeit with a clean slate. Not a big deal,  only four devices and a few scenes. But, I did learn, so that's good.

Thanks everyone!

Offline AvocadoKnight

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 10:49:50 pm »

1) Setup | Firmware
3) Save Backup
5) Start Upgrade
7) Setup | Backup
8) Restore from backup

I applied until 6) after 15min I refreshed, but it show no found. I relogin to Getvera, I can login, but it is a totally blank page only show my user name and serial number, no other thing. I doubt that my vera lite get connected..I am also not sure whether I've alrdy downgrade the veralite to UI5...? Using MiOs still can't detect the vera lite.

Can someone give me a tips? Thanks in advance!
AK

Offline Zooz

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 03:52:22 am »

1) Setup | Firmware
3) Save Backup
5) Start Upgrade
7) Setup | Backup
8) Restore from backup

I applied until 6) after 15min I refreshed, but it show no found. I relogin to Getvera, I can login, but it is a totally blank page only show my user name and serial number, no other thing. I doubt that my vera lite get connected..I am also not sure whether I've alrdy downgrade the veralite to UI5...? Using MiOs still can't detect the vera lite.

Can someone give me a tips? Thanks in advance!
AK

Same thing here. Had to update back to UI6. Did you find out a working way to downgrade?

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 05:28:29 am »
They haven't communicated this well for the new users... When you downgrade to UI5, you need to create a UI5 account via cp.mios.com. It can be the same username but the distinct difference is, where the getvera account contained special characters, the cp.mios.com account cannot.

Once, you created the account, you can then assign the unit to the account. If you use multiple account, they will also need to be recreated. You can then log in via, cp.mios.com, cpui5.mios.com or through getvera.com. If you use getvera.com, it will establish the account type according the the password entered.  See

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=3887

Offline Zooz

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 02:35:41 pm »
They haven't communicated this well for the new users... When you downgrade to UI5, you need to create a UI5 account via cp.mios.com. It can be the same username but the distinct difference is, where the getvera account contained special characters, the cp.mios.com account cannot.

Once, you created the account, you can then assign the unit to the account. If you use multiple account, they will also need to be recreated. You can then log in via, cp.mios.com, cpui5.mios.com or through getvera.com. If you use getvera.com, it will establish the account type according the the password entered.  See

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=3887

Thank You Brientim for your detailed explanation on various accounts and addresses. I was (finally) able to downgrade. Onwards!

Offline AvocadoKnight

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 11:14:47 am »
Thanks all! Mine one is working also :)
My case is like when I gave it a try the other day, it is working again.

Offline doc1000101

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »
Ive tried these directions a few times, including adding the account at cp.mios.com with no luck.  After all of that when I try to log in (locally or through cp.mios.com) I always get the error it cant retrieve data from the unit and try again later.

Anyone have this problem?
Ive opened a ticket with micasa, we'll see what they say.

BTW, going back to UI 6 seems to work just fine.  But I want outside access from Android devices and have yet to find one that works.