Author Topic: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?  (Read 20739 times)

Offline fmzip

Re: How to revert UI6 back to UI5?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 11:31:52 pm »
How do you get back to UI5 if you didn't backup first??

Offline JoeTomasone

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 07:32:04 am »
They haven't communicated this well for the new users... When you downgrade to UI5, you need to create a UI5 account via cp.mios.com. It can be the same username but the distinct difference is, where the getvera account contained special characters, the cp.mios.com account cannot.

Do we put that URL in the "URL for Vera custom firmware" box or the "URL for OpenWRT custom firmware" box?

EDIT: I winged it and it worked: You use the "URL for Vera custom firmware" box.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:09:45 am by JoeTomasone »

Offline mikelux57

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 02:46:06 pm »
HI all, I have been upgrading to 1.6.641 and regret it ! So I have now 2 options:
1. wait for UI7 and hope that it will be better, BUT I wonder if it will happen and also if all the plugin I am using will work with it (Visonic, Pilot Wire, ImperiHome, VirtualSwitch and DataMine)
2. go back to UI5

If I go back to UI5, I read the instructions here, but I also notice this in the Firmware page of my VeraLite: "Note: Firmware DOWNGRADE it's not supported with 'Preserve settings'. In order to go back to an older firmware version do a 'Restore to factory defaults' and then restore a backup from that specific firmware version."
So does it means that if I Factory reset my VeraLite and use one of my old backup (hopefully done with UI5), this will restore my VERALITE to UI5 and all my settings (fro the date of the backup)?

Since Visonic and Pilot Wire plugin are key for me (I run all my heating with it), if UI7 does not support that then, the option 1 is gone!
So what do you think is the best option?
Thanks to all

Offline JoeTomasone

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »
I made a backup in UI6, restored to UI5 factory settings, and restored the UI6 backup to it.   I had to refresh PLEG to get the UI5 versions, but other than that I had no problems.  If you have a UI5 backup to restore, so much the better.

Offline chuckl

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 10:41:07 am »
FYI

I just bought a new unit and tried to downgrade several times to 1.5.622 unsuccessfully.

I emailed support and discover there is a force upgrade flag on their servers.

Just send them your serial number and they can turn it off for you.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:54:14 pm by chuckl »

Offline DennisBham

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 10:39:20 am »
I just bought a new unit and tried to downgrade several times to 1.5.622 unsuccessfully.

I emailed support and discover there is a force upgrade flag on their servers.

Just send them your serial number and they can turn it off for you.

I also just bought a new veralite and am unable to downgrade to 1.5.622 using the working procedure documented in this thread.

I e-mailed support this morning and asked them about the "force upgrade flag" and requested it be removed.

---
Dennis
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:42:20 am by DennisBham »

Offline tp546

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:54 pm »
I was able to downgrade my firmware after asking support to turn off my flag but now I have a new problem - I restored my backup and all my devices show up, but none of them have usable controls. This is extremely frustrating and I had an hour to get support on the phone before they closed for the weekend and of course I couldn't get any help. I don't even know how I can upgrade back to UI6 for the weekend so I can at least use my Vera - anyone have a URL? Or if you have any suggestions on how to fix this, that would be even better - all my devices show up with a blue circular icon and no controls. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline pucki

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 10:05:07 am »
I'm just not to UI5 back.
Has one the recovery firmware for Vera3.
For the recovery tool.

Offline DennisBham

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 07:14:53 pm »
I also just bought a new veralite and am unable to downgrade to 1.5.622 using the working procedure documented in this thread.
I e-mailed support this morning and asked them about the "force upgrade flag" and requested it be removed.

30 hours later and no answer to my email request, but then I tried a chat, got a rep in 60 seconds, and 2 minutes later my flag was removed. Then I downgraded successfully. 

---
Dennis

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 02:41:39 am »
I have not seen this mentioned before and the forced firmware update seem to be a little out of character to other reported downgrades.... There, I would immediately raise a ticket with MCV support and not go through this time and time again.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 06:00:47 am »
To finalise this thread the xref to the other thread/post see
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,22637.msg187086.html#msg187086

Offline Pestus

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 04:46:02 pm »
Hello all,

If I was to pick up a new Veralite or Vera3, am I now to expect this UI6 nonsense, and a force update flag?

I heard somewhere they if you get the "kits", it's UI6, but if you straight up buy a standalone Vera, it's a UI5 version.  Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks!

Offline Xceptiona1

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 10:53:54 am »
I just setup my first Veralite last night and attempted to get it working with a garage door. The insructions were created for what I presume is UI5 and mine is running the latest version. Being that I am a noob to using a Veralite, would it be a good idea to contact support and reset my Veralite to UI5 to get it functional?

Offline Pestus

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 06:10:59 pm »
I'm not sure.  I haven't played with UI6 yet.

From what I can tell given the various forum threads on the subject, UI6 doesn't have universal support for the various apps that were made for UI5.  It at least appears that the roll out of the UI6 has been fraught with problems.

I personally will wait until things sort themselves out.   (If they ever actually do...)

Offline wideglidejrp

How to revert UI7 back to UI5?
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:54 pm »
I have tried multiple times to revert to I5 with no luck. The "upgrade" fails. Is there a way to download a .bin file and update the Vera?