We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Locked out  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Ruckus

• Sr. Newbie
Locked out
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:05:25 am »
I upgraded to UI6 and created a new user using the new style password, using the same username as the old UI5. I can login to my account at Vera and then try to access my Vera 3. It says I am logged in, so I go to find the device, since it doesn't find it automatically. It finds it and goes to the UI6 dashboard, but I am not logged in anymore on the device. I then hit the login with the new password and it says, "Your user is not allowed to control this device." Any ideas? I can activate scenes and devices, but I can't get to any settings or profiles to change anything critical. Very frustrating.

Offline robertbehm05

Re: Locked out
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:28 pm »
Not sure if this helps, but I have a similar situation where it seems that I cannot log directly onto my unit with my original password/id that was set up on the unit.  I have been able to log on going through the http://home.getvera.com/users/login page and clicking on "go to local UI" option that is associated with my device. That is when I get the log on screen.  However, in another browser tab I enter the local IP address of my Vera on the local network followed by "/cmh_ui6/" (without quotes) and it gives me my device locally.  So the entry would be  "http://X.X.X.X/cmh_ui6/" without the quotes and of course the X's are filled in with the local ip address.  This gives me the local UI and I can access and edit the device, attached devices, and change settings, etc.

Hope the above works for you.  I do not recall how I decided to do this, but believe i looked at the old local URL and changed it out to a 6 and it worked.

However, for micasaverde, I would love to be able to access my device and change the id/password to the same as what I have on the home.getvera.com site that I have set up. I would also LOVE to use the log on screen via the "go to local UI" as it is supposed to be designed.

robertbehm05