Author Topic: UI6 & Thermostats  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Amazed

Re: UI6 & Thermostats
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 11:49:53 am »
Here we are 5 months later and the problem still exists with the only semi-official response in this thread being from a beta tester telling people to stop whining about it (in essence). I've got 7 Veras and 30+ thermostats under control of custom software that programs them via the XML interface in conjunction with a COTS scheduling package. UI6 totally screwed things up. I'm just glad that the users here are giving workarounds, because the response from MCV has been lots of crickets in this thread.

Yes. Roll back to UI5 per the helpful instructions in this thread (not provided by MCV, you'll notice). I'm really sorry I've glued us into this product. The search is now on for a company with better product support and customer service. I'll most assuredly be migrating to another company as soon as reasonably possible.

Offline tybo611

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 04:35:00 pm »
I'm about to install two z-wave thermostats and have been running UI6 for quite some time.  I'm assuming this is still a known issue with what looks to be two possible solutions:
  • Toggle the units of measure and hope it works
  • Revert to UI5(definitely works)
Are these still the best options?

Offline vortexics

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »
I'm having a weird one: The temperature reading is in Fahrenheit but the adjustment is in Celsius:

VeraLite, UI6, Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U thermostat.

Any idea how to fix?

I did as instructed was someone else in this thread before, I went into SETUP/LOCATION, changed the setting from F to C. SAVED, RELOAD, changed from C to F. SAVED, RELOAD. Manually polled the device, and now I am showing Fahrenheit degrees in the proper scale.