Author Topic: Command not always being executed  (Read 4572 times)

Offline mikee123

Re: Command not always being executed
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:54:42 am »
It is not a major problem for me, I have tasker resend 12 times or until received, and set up another task to send the home command again when my wifi is near. That worked yesterday when the normal task failed. So I think for me it'll work most of the time, and if it works 90% of the time I am happy. I just thought i'll send you the logs in case there is a bug somewhere

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 02:57:54 am »
Mike,

I do not use tasker much, but is there a way to set a delay?

- Garrett

Offline mikee123

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 03:59:54 am »
Yes I can set delays. At the moment for example I sent the mike home, if no response from Vera Alerts, tasker waits 2 or 3 seconds then attempts to resend until received or after 12 retries. So I can specify waiting periods, I could have a wait before sending the first command

Offline mikee123

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
Today on the way home I watched my phone when it started sending the home command to my VERA. It failed with 12 retries. But it cannot be an issue with connection switchover, as this was quite far from my house.and I had to walk a lot closer before my WiFi near picked up my WiFi (and this is still to far and to weak to connect) and that the tried again sending the command 12 times without success.when I finally got in I did see another error message from automation send error no data connection. So I think there might actually be another issue. It is not 3G issue, signal strength is very good. I don't think it is connection switchover as too far from the house to pick up my WiFi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 05:08:54 pm »
I saw MultiSwitch mentioned in here... How do I use the Trigger (formerly called Tasker "NFC Task Launcher" ) app to command the Multiswitch on/off? Not sure of the command string :
authomation://device/VeraID#/device#/ then what ???
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:48:40 am by chuck1026 »
UI7 / VeraPlus.... YAY, more stable than ever!

Offline mikee123

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:28 am »
In Tasker you go to plugin, then select Authomation HD device, then on the next screen configuration click on the pencil to select your device. Device select your multi switch. Then you can select your button and on or off action. That is the easiest way of controlling a multi switch via tasker

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 05:26:56 am »
In Tasker you go to plugin, then select Authomation HD device, then on the next screen configuration click on the pencil to select your device. Device select your multi switch. Then you can select your button and on or off action. That is the easiest way of controlling a multi switch via tasker

I'm using the Trigger app for Android and I don't see how to do it. Feeling a bit noobish in this regard - actually a lot noobish  :-[ .

Offline mikee123

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 05:41:50 am »
Sorry never heard of trigger. As you mentioned former tasker I thought that's what you meant. Cannot help there i'm afraid...

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 05:47:33 am »
No worries! I mis spoke. "Trigger" used to be  "NFC Task Launcher". I just fixed my post before. Sorry about the mix up.