We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: License for PLEG and PLTS Plugins (Starting April 1, 2014)  (Read 86283 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: License for PLEG and PLTS Plugins (Starting April 1, 2014)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »
@ huveu
I currently have a list of features request that I keep from suggestions via the forums or emails.
I will not be opening this feature requests to voting ... but there is always the squeaky wheel principal.

I might have to add a check box on the Registration Server to allow me to use your email address for mailing information about updates.
Currently I only use the email address for License delivery.

Since the license is lifetime ... It should continue to run as long as I support it. No different than anything else.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:46 pm »
Some one had indicated to me that I may have done something illegal with my licensing.
I am not a lawyer ... and sorry to say I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately :)

So as I indicated ... I will provide a license to anyone that requests it ... But it will only work for Versions before today's release.
Just Post your Vera ID Here ... And I will respond with a license. But as I said ... it will only work with the old software ... And the old software
is not available from the APP server anymore ... You will need to restore your configurations to last night's backup and make sure you disable the auto-update procedure.

Offline Ramiii

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:23 pm »
I'll be more than happy to pay the license fees , it's a small fee for such a great plugin that I'm sure it makes our automation process a lot easier so it's a good step.

Im not a developer and barely understand conditions and codes. Can't even do anything with Luua but I got my way around this plugin but I would love to have a detailed manual for the plugin and some good explanation and examples. I know there are some in the forums but because they are too any I'm lost.

But again. Way to go man and I'll get mine now

Good luck 

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »
I would love to have a detailed manual for the plugin and some good explanation and examples.
Have you seen PLEG Basics?

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 07:36:39 pm »
Both PLEG and VeraAlerts have given wings to my Vera 3.  I respect the time and effort that went into their creation, and I am happy to pay you to continue to use them.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 07:48:37 pm »
One thing though.

What happens when people start moving to Vera 4? I assume there will be new hardware at some point.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline hamishb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 09:30:18 pm »
I presume we can pay more if we think its worth it? This modest amount is cheap.

guest20975

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 01:59:24 am »
Have bought my licenses, more than happy to support your endeavours. Without PLEG and Veralerts we would be struggling to make Vera a worthwhile device.

David

Offline Ramiii

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 04:40:16 am »
@RexBeckett thanks for the link. I think my problem now is how to translate what I want into logic

Offline sjolshagen

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 07:15:50 am »
Richard,

From a tax perspective, I'm a bit confused about the mandatory tax being added. If you're an international (i.e. non-US) or from a state that doesn't tax sales (DE, NH, OR, AL, MT), a sales tax doesn't apply...

Not that the amount is big, but the challenge may come when you've got places like Europe where they may impose their own taxes and tariffs on top of whatever the amount is).
Vera3/UI5 @ v1.5.622

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 07:39:00 am »
Richard,

From a tax perspective, I'm a bit confused about the mandatory tax being added. If you're an international (i.e. non-US) or from a state that doesn't tax sales (DE, NH, OR, AL, MT), a sales tax doesn't apply...

Not that the amount is big, but the challenge may come when you've got places like Europe where they may impose their own taxes and tariffs on top of whatever the amount is).
@sjolshagen,

In the US one only has to collect sales tax on sales made within a state where the person (in the US a corporation is a person) is domiciled or otherwise has nexus (e.g. business domiciled in Florida but has employees in Georgia).  Also, if a person travels to another state and makes a sale, it would be subject to the local sales tax where the sale was made. 

This is why Amazon.com doesn't charge sales tax in some states (and of course also has an advantage in some states over local retailers).

Offline gdeboos

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:44 am »
Richard,
I followed the ,ink in my PLEG device and bought a license.
I then entered the Registration ID into the PLEG devices in vera and clicked verify.

This said it was successful. But when I view a status report it tells me "You are not licensed!"

EDIT Sorry fixed now. Just took a bit of time for it to update
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:20:36 am by gdeboos »

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 09:34:44 am »
Richard,

@sjolshagen,

In the US one only has to collect sales tax on sales made within a state where the person (in the US a corporation is a person) is domiciled or otherwise has nexus (e.g. business domiciled in Florida but has employees in Georgia).  Also, if a person travels to another state and makes a sale, it would be subject to the local sales tax where the sale was made. 

This is why Amazon.com doesn't charge sales tax in some states (and of course also has an advantage in some states over local retailers).

However, it is up to the BUYER to send that sales tax to the state at the end of the year for all items bought and no sales tax was made (for instance, I bought a printer off Amazon, but I'm in FL, so Amazon did not charge me. At the end of the Year, I am responsible for paying it)

Interesting note: Amazon is trying to get legislature passed that will make all online businesses collect tax for all states and send it in. This is mainly because

1) People never do it on their own (this is why the States want it), and
2) As Amazon grows and puts distribution centers in more and more states, they are having to pay tax, which puts them at a disadvantage to those online stores that aren't as big. So Amazon feels that if everyone is charging tax, it will once again make them more appealing.

Sorry to get off topic. I will be buying the licenses as soon as my plugin's update (they never seem to auto update)
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline dbmet

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 10:08:55 am »
I don't mind paying for the license for pleg. But I'm curious why you would limit the number of conditions I can use after I pay to license this plugin. If I have more than four why would that matter to you? Having more than 4 doesn't take any bandwidth on you part does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 10:15:14 am »
Richard is not limiting the conditions when you purchase a license. He is limiting the amount of PLEG devices you can create. Conditions and actions are unlimited when a license is purchased.

- Garrett