We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: License for Vera Alerts Plugin Starting April 1, 2014  (Read 27669 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: License for Vera Alerts Plugin Starting April 1, 2014
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2016, 03:59:18 pm »
You will have to upgrade the Vera Alerts plugin after upgrading to get the right UI version specific files.

Offline snovvman

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2016, 04:34:07 pm »
You will have to upgrade the Vera Alerts plugin after upgrading to get the right UI version specific files.

But if I am going from UI7 to UI7 (and I am already on 6.37 on Vera Lite), I assume the upgrade will install the correct version?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2016, 04:42:52 pm »

But if I am going from UI7 to UI7 (and I am already on 6.37 on Vera Lite), I assume the upgrade will install the correct version?

You click the upgrade button and it will install the latest version on both the front end and back end. Doing any kind of upgrade from one vera to another doesn't make a full clone of the unit, the firmwares on the unit are also different as with the z-wave chip. To insure everything in the background gets installed and updated to the latest you click the upgrade button in the app section anyways even if it shows you have the latest version number.

Offline snovvman

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2016, 10:19:19 pm »
You click the upgrade button and it will install the latest version on both the front end and back end. Doing any kind of upgrade from one vera to another doesn't make a full clone of the unit, the firmwares on the unit are also different as with the z-wave chip. To insure everything in the background gets installed and updated to the latest you click the upgrade button in the app section anyways even if it shows you have the latest version number.

Thank you.  That makes sense.

Offline Crazyhopscotch

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »
Richard, I have been trying to buy a license, but I don't have a Registration tab on my set-up.  I have a Vera Edge.  Screenshot attached, thanks.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2016, 11:09:49 pm »
Richard, I have been trying to buy a license, but I don't have a Registration tab on my set-up.  I have a Vera Edge.  Screenshot attached, thanks.

there is not a tab but if you scroll down the page lower (its cut off in your pic)
you have
send alert, advanced and register.

Register is what you want.

Offline Crazyhopscotch

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2016, 11:34:08 pm »
Thanks integlikewhoa

Offline Cor

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2016, 11:00:37 am »
Hello ,

I am unbale to buy-register a licence for vera alerts , I just did PLEG , that worked fine , but when I click register on the vera-alerts "editor option" nothing happends, I get a blanc page.

The question above is for my new vera+

When I upgrade my older vera3 to UI7 ( has now UI5) with 2 PLEG licences and 2 vera alert licences, can I still use the licences for the Vera 3 after upgrade, or do I have to buy new licences for my vera 3 as well?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2016, 06:15:53 pm »
The license is tied to the Vera Serial number.

The same license works with UI5 and UI7 for a Vera 3.

But a Vera Plus will need a license.

Whenever you change the Vera Firmware from UI5 to UI7 (or back to UI5) you must upgrade the software to get the correct version specific software.
When you upgrade a Vera 3 Firmware from UI5 to UI7, this does not upgrade the Vera Alerts software from UI5 to UI7, thats why the upgrade is needed.

Offline Cor

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2016, 12:40:51 pm »
OK , cool. I will upgrade my vera 3 next week or so.

But for my vera plus , I am unable to register-Pay a new licence. when I click on the tab "register", all stays blanc......................... obh ... wait...... disregards.......

AH ... I see , since I am working remotely on not on the same LAN that is the issue.  When I logged on via teamviewer on a computer at home and than locally on the vera edge it works fine.

Cor