We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI6 and locator_json.php issue  (Read 1135 times)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
UI6 and locator_json.php issue
« on: February 28, 2014, 08:07:40 am »
I have installed a new Vera Lite, added it to my MiOS account, and then upgraded it to UI6 (as a test platform for remote access from the HomeWave app)

I noticed that after the upgrade to UI6, this unit continues to appear in https://sta.mios.com/locator_json.php, and it's listed there as having firmware 1.5.622.  Is this expected behaviour, or is the unit going to disappear from this list at some point?

3rd party remote apps use the locator message to identify Vera units; having an old incarnation of a unit listed here might cause some confusion to users.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: UI6 and locator_json.php issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:22:49 am »
Once the unit is upgraded to UI6, it reports only to the MMS servers. The information on the old servers doesn't disappear and will become outdated. When you call locator on the sta.mios.com, you see what the unit reported last time on that server.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: UI6 and locator_json.php issue
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:50:37 am »
Thanks for the info!  It looks like we need to add some extra logic to ensure our apps don't capture upgraded units.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.