We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: "Smart Plug" from Iris  (Read 1779 times)

Offline trevwhitetw

"Smart Plug" from Iris
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:57:59 pm »
Hi There. New here. I just left the Iris from Lowes System and Bought the VERA3. I am trying to connect the same zwave devices from the Iris setup..... the Kwikset Door lock was the only device i could connect to. i have yet to succesfully connect to these devices from the Iris line of products....

Range Extender
Smart Plug
Duplex receptacle
Outdoor Module (receptacle)
Dimmer Switch

would love some help as to im a noob with the VERA3. thx

Offline atmo377

• Sr. Newbie
Re: "Smart Plug" from Iris
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »
Are these the same devices that were used with iris? If so try to exclude with the Vera and then include them again.

Offline TC1

Re: "Smart Plug" from Iris
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:09:38 pm »
If the devices were previously included with another controller, I'm pretty sure (I could be wrong)  you need to exclude them first from the Iris. This is safety/security feature of Z-wave.

Important Edit: The Smart Plug For Iris is NOT Z-wave compatible. One thing you have to be aware of is that Iris uses a combination of Zigbee AND Z-wave devices. Not everything will work with Vera, which is Zwave only.

From your list, the ones I believe will work with Vera (I have some Iris devices on my Vera too):

Dimmer
Duplex receptacle
Kwikset lock
Range extender - I believe this range extender is in fact dual protocol. I can't guarantee it.

Hope this helps,
-TC
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:16:52 pm by TC1 »