We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Networking Problems with 1.6.641  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Dick Altavista

• Vera 3, Firmware 1.6.641
Networking Problems with 1.6.641
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:33:25 pm »
I just got a new Vera 3 on 2/27/14, so forgive me if this is an incredibly stupid question.   Anyway I unpacked and started installing the unit and the first thing it did was ask to update my firmware, so I did.  From what I can tell on this forum that may not have been the best idea, but here I am at 1.6.641 and the MAJOR issue I have is that I cannot configure the network options manually.  I need to turn WiFi off and set a static IP for this device.

When I go to Advanced Settings -> Setup ->Net & Wifi and click on the "Manually configure (advanced)" I get nothing, no fields to update, zero.  Please see attachment "Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 7.23.33 AM"  If I select "Through a wi-fi access point." and then I switch back to Manual, it does display the fields but not matter what I put in those fields the "Save and apply" action button does nothing.  The save button in the upper RH corner does turn red but when you hit it and reload the page, nothing, no change, unit remains unchanged and the IP is being set automatically and the WiFi remains on.

I contacted support twice on this and have heard nothing in four days.

Is there a command line method to update network settings, this is driving me nuts, I have 4 AP's in my house and REALLY don't need the Vera 3 to be the fifth.
Vera Rookie!
Vera 3, Firmware 1.6.641

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Networking Problems with 1.6.641
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:35 am »
Hello there,

Can you please tell me if you are still having this issue ?
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Networking Problems with 1.6.641
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:01:15 am »
I'm trying to do forensics on your browser font to decide what OS you are on. Anyway, it's well known that Internet Explorer has issues with the Vera UI, so see if the same thing happens with a different browser.

Edit: pressed Save too soon.

Edit edit: not this time. See responses below.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:13:14 am by futzle »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:04:40 am »
I can confirm this is an issue on firefox, chrome and safari. Automatically configure and Through a wi-fi access point will work, but when clicking on Manually configure will not do anything. I have tested this on my development vera running 1.6.641. I discovered this as I wanted to disable dhcp and wifi. I had to use the command line to do this.

- Garrett

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:06:09 am »
Hello there,

Can you please tell me if you are still having this issue ?

This is a registered defect see:
http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=3904

Offline Dick Altavista

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:20 am »
Got a response from Vera support yesterday, "I was able to connect to your unit and fixed it so you should be able to setup a static IP address on the unit.

This can be done from the ?Advanced settings? interface by going to SETUP > Net&WiFi and select Manually configure (advanced).

Then under Internet/WAN click on ?DHCP? and select ?Static IP? instead and fill in the desired IP address.

After that press on the ?Save and apply? button located on the bottom of the page.

Let me know how it goes."

So it seams they have a manual work around.

Unit is working great now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vera Rookie!
Vera 3, Firmware 1.6.641

Offline rosskinard

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 11:10:37 am »
I have the same issue on my Vera Lite...I cannot configure a static IP.

I've tried with Firefox, Chrome and Safari on OS X and Firefox, Chrome and IE on Win 8.1 to no avail. Selecting Manual Config does not give me any way to enter the options.

Offline Dick Altavista

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:53 am »
I had to open a ticket and support had to change something, I don't know what, and now the functionality is there.  So I am guessing the fix will be out as Vera clearly knows the fix for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vera Rookie!
Vera 3, Firmware 1.6.641

Offline Nick1234

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 06:56:54 pm »
I seem to have the same problem. (Basically I select Manual Configure and get no further options). I am trying to turn off the firewall as I already have one facing the internet (the vera is internal to the internet) and the firewall is playing havoc with the sonos system.

Any thoughts

Offline jimhanseng

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 06:47:19 pm »
I run a DHCP server on my network, so I put in a reservation for a particular for my vera3 which makes it the same as a static address.  You should be able to do the same on your router.

Generally, the Vera3 UI6 is extremely buggy and occasionally unstable at best.  I constantly get message "can't load try later".  I was not aware I was purchasing a beta product.  >:(

Offline PeterSHart

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 05:25:36 pm »
I could not get the wireless to stay off either had to resort to adding the following to the startup LUA (not ideal but it did the job):

os.execute("wifi down")

I can't wait until UI7 it has to be more stable than UI6 right :)

Offline twh57

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 05:55:49 pm »
I seem to be having this same issue in advanced network settings. I would really like to place the Vera3 in an optimal location, where no ethernet jacks exist. I cannot get the UI to show the wifi options in the advanced networking page, and it reverts back to automatic no matter what I do. Has anyone heard any status on a solution ?

Thanks,

Tim