Author Topic: Security of Send Feedback  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
Security of Send Feedback
« on: March 06, 2014, 04:06:30 pm »
Hello,

Sending feedback attaches sdata to the email.

Warning for those who do not know what is contained in the sdata.

The attached sdata.text file can contain sensitive information including pins, passwords, user names and physical location information.

All together this unprotected data that can provide significant information that a user may not want to release.

Before releasing sdata, it is advised the you either review what is being transmitted or remove attachment.

Offline jpete7683

Re: Security of Send Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 04:22:43 pm »
Thanks for commenting on that.  That functionality was added to allow users to send me their sdata and allow me to debug their setup if it for some reason was causing a crash.  Please be aware that this information is in there, however we will not misuse this information but if you feel more comfortable removing it and not trusting it in the hands of iViri development then that is fine with us.

Thanks
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline jpete7683

Re: Security of Send Feedback
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 04:39:49 pm »
Hello,

Sending feedback attaches sdata to the email.

Warning for those who do not know what is contained in the sdata.

The attached sdata.text file can contain sensitive information including pins, passwords, user names and physical location information.

All together this unprotected data that can provide significant information that a user may not want to release.

Before releasing sdata, it is advised the you either review what is being transmitted or remove attachment.

This has been removed from the code for v1.1, I thought it would make things easier to troubleshoot instead of me requesting the individual to parse that data and to send it to me, also noticed that it was formatting the file correctly so there is no reason to keep this code as part of iViri and hence it will be removed.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.