We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-Wave problems after upgrading from VeraLite to Vera 3  (Read 1023 times)

Offline adamfox

Z-Wave problems after upgrading from VeraLite to Vera 3
« on: March 08, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »
Just recently upgraded from a VeraLite to a Vera 3 and have been running into some problems. A few of my Z-Wave devices just don't seem to want to cooperate with me. However, they were working fine before I made the switch. I have an Aeon Labs Door/Window sensor that is very erratically picking and choosing when it wants to report whether it's tripped or not. The red light blinks on the actual sensor when I open and close the sensor. However, Vera just doesn't always register the change. I also have a couple of Aeon Labs Multisensors that are continually registering false motion. Neither of these things were problems before the upgrade. I've tried removing them from the Z-Wave network and re-adding them multiple times but have had no luck fixing the issue. Any thoughts or tips on what may be going on would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Offline BulldogLowell

Re: Z-Wave problems after upgrading from VeraLite to Vera 3
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:15:53 pm »
1: did you perform a zwave backup before you saved the backup you restored from?
2: did you turn off the vera lite (disconnect from network and power down) before you turned on your new vera3?

Offline adamfox

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »
Hello again! Yep, you actually helped me with the upgrade a few days back (thanks again). Yes, the Vera 3 is from a backup of the VeraLite and the VeraLite is completely disconnected.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:09:33 pm »
I would do a zwave heal and let the network reconfigure itself.  Then take a look at the report.

It takes a very long time, so overnight is a good time to start it.  Don't do anything with it while it is doing this.